Forums

This topic is locked

Slicing in Fireworks

Posted 08 Mar 2002 07:09:44
has voted
08 Mar 2002 07:09:44 Gino Raimondo posted:
I'm fairly new to Dreamweaver and Fireworks. I've made a homepage and am trying to slice it up to send to Dreamweaver and put it in a table. It was suggested that I take a sample of my top gradient and just repeat it in my table to keep the gif file small. I'm having a hard time doing this and putting back together in DW. Any tips would be appreciated

Replies

Replied 26 Mar 2002 03:03:06
26 Mar 2002 03:03:06 dean aldridge replied:
not sure if i'm understanding your question right, but here goes:

if you want a gradient fill going from left to right (rather than top to bottom), and if you have a sufficiently wide gif image (say around 1500px wide, to accommodate most monitors) in theory you can use this as a background for a table and it will repeat over, giving you a gradient fill in your table.

but according to dw's 'check targert browsers' command, neither table backgrounds nor table data backgrounds are supported in netscape 3 or 4. however, using netscape 4.75 on NT they showed up for me. you'll have to experiment.

another thing to be aware of using this method is screen rendering on a mac. it seems to take a long time for (probably older) macs to draw tiling gifs in this way, but again, you'll have to experiment.

i hope that answers your question?

Reply to this topic