Forums

This topic is locked

www.skylimit.be/barnum (help)

Posted 22 Mar 2002 18:23:15
has voted
22 Mar 2002 18:23:15 enquest enquest1 posted:
Hi, I am busy with making a site for a school. They asked to change all tekst and so should be updatebel. (using impakht nextension)
What do you think is it any good. And what price do you think I should ask?
Al must be updatebel via interface...
Keep in mind its not yet done so there are still some changes. What would you change?

www.skylimit.be/barnum

Replies

Replied 22 Mar 2002 21:55:33
22 Mar 2002 21:55:33 Viktor Farcic replied:
1. Remove popup window - Some users think is a commercial so they close it and you can't use browser's buttons (back, forward, insert to favorites, print...). Most of all, I like to decide when to open new window, not designer of a site. I approve popups only when they are helping in navigation or usability. When they are used without real reason (just because they can be used) it's annoying.
2. Fix transparent gif at the top of the screen.
3. Top level of menu must also contain a link (Nieuvs, Info, Ouders...) - Whenever there is a hand instead of cursor users will think it's a link.
4. Fix the width of the site - On 800x600 resolution there's a horizontal scroolbar.
5. Fix blank space between content and footer.
6. Color of links hasn't got enought contrast comparing it to background.
7. Don't justify the text (especially if the width of it is so small).

I could go on like this for a long time. Look of a site can be very good (you started well) but you haven't been able to make it usable and to server it's purpose.

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
Hi, I am busy with making a site for a school. They asked to change all tekst and so should be updatebel. (using impakht nextension)
What do you think is it any good. And what price do you think I should ask?
Al must be updatebel via interface...
Keep in mind its not yet done so there are still some changes. What would you change?

www.skylimit.be/barnum

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size=2 id=quote>

Viktor Farcic

TalkZone Manager
Replied 22 Mar 2002 23:01:05
22 Mar 2002 23:01:05 enquest enquest1 replied:
Its a work in progres. Most of thes little things will be gone. Indeed the pop up wil be gone. You didn't like the general feel? I know I need some work to do...

Replied 23 Mar 2002 20:13:00
23 Mar 2002 20:13:00 Viktor Farcic replied:
The general feel is OK. I assumed it's "work in progress" but I wanted to presented you first few "needs-to-be-corrected" issues. When site checking, I allways present problems. Once you correct them post another message here and I'll tell you my oppinion (including things I like).

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
Its a work in progres. Most of thes little things will be gone. Indeed the pop up wil be gone. You didn't like the general feel? I know I need some work to do...

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size=2 id=quote>

Viktor Farcic

TalkZone Manager

Reply to this topic