Forums

This topic is locked

ID Property in Form Elements

Posted 08 Jul 2002 01:00:27
has voted
08 Jul 2002 01:00:27 remus remus posted:
I've noticed that when ever I select a form element visualy and rename it, dw mx is also inserting an id property with the same value as the form elements name property. This is annoying me as I am not asking the program to put that code in there. Anybody know how to turn this off ? By the way i've tryed using a few different document types and the problem persists.

Thax Remus,

Replies

Replied 08 Jul 2002 09:10:59
08 Jul 2002 09:10:59 Viktor Farcic replied:
By latest HTML specifications, ID is replacement for Name. MX is inserting both of them in order to keep compatibility. I don't see the reason why is this annoying.

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
I've noticed that when ever I select a form element visualy and rename it, dw mx is also inserting an id property with the same value as the form elements name property. This is annoying me as I am not asking the program to put that code in there. Anybody know how to turn this off ? By the way i've tryed using a few different document types and the problem persists.

Thax Remus,

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size=2 id=quote>

Viktor Farcic
www.farcic.com
TalkZone Manager

Reply to this topic