Forums

This topic is locked

My personal experience ... SLOW

Posted 12 Jul 2002 15:11:34
has voted
12 Jul 2002 15:11:34 chin chee keong posted:
Hi,

I personally experienced that those websites made with Macromedia Dreamweaver Ultradev/MX are slower then other hand-code website.

I personal feel that udzone (as well as other xxxzone) which made with Dreamweaver Ultradev/MX (I think they are made with, at least) quite slow as compared to others. I am not sure whether this is due to the server (MAXIMUMASP), or not.

Could anyone respond to me regarding this issue? Thanks.

Replies

Replied 15 Jul 2002 07:05:22
15 Jul 2002 07:05:22 Alexandro Colorado replied:
I have a similar experience about it, however it wasnt because of Macromedia Products. It mostly rellied on the Server-Database application I used.

For example I used MS ACCESS to produce my database and IIS, the result was a 30 sec lag to process the application.

However when I tried with a MySQL it was much more faster. So then again I wont be so sure the problem relies on the DW/Ultradev development.

Kahlil Johnson

Edited by - Jza on 15 Jul 2002 07:06:43
Replied 16 Jul 2002 09:47:52
16 Jul 2002 09:47:52 Viktor Farcic replied:
Dreamweaver creates code that can fit to many scenarios and, therefore, it's too big. You're right, web sites made with Dreamweaver are slower then hand coded web sites. This can be applied to any program for web developement.

If you want good and fast site turn on Code View and start writing. In my opinion, Dreamweaver is good only for design. The rest of the code must be written manually.

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
Hi,

I personally experienced that those websites made with Macromedia Dreamweaver Ultradev/MX are slower then other hand-code website.

I personal feel that udzone (as well as other xxxzone) which made with Dreamweaver Ultradev/MX (I think they are made with, at least) quite slow as compared to others. I am not sure whether this is due to the server (MAXIMUMASP), or not.

Could anyone respond to me regarding this issue? Thanks.

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size=2 id=quote>

Viktor Farcic
www.farcic.com
TalkZone Manager
Replied 16 Jul 2002 23:49:11
16 Jul 2002 23:49:11 chin chee keong replied:
So, Can any expert out there make an extension that can re-fine the syntax? OR, for ASP code, do you think that, after we encrypt the script (ASP code) using the program from Microsoft, the script can run faster?

Reply to this topic