Forums

This topic is locked

Ditch dynamic placeholders in design view?

Posted 24 Jul 2002 23:17:13
has voted
24 Jul 2002 23:17:13 Gee Starr posted:
I just upgraded to DWMX. I am working with pages that use ColdFusion. When I am working in Design View, all the variable references are shown as "dynamic data placeholders".

E.g., A variable reference that is shown as #recordset.sample# in code view is shown as {recordset.sample} in design view.

The problem is that, while in Design View, you cannot edit these placeholder directly. For instance, say I want to edit the variable refernce name from {recodset.title} to {recordset.name} while in design view. I want to just select on the text "title" and change it to "name". But when I try to select the text, the entire placeholder (that is, everything in the brackets) is selected and you can't edit anything without going to code view.

I'd like to turn this feature off (I did not have it on in UD4). I do all of my ColdFusion coding by hand and do not use Live Data view or any of the features found in the Applications panel. I'd much rather the variables to display in Design View the same as regular untagged text so I can edit them as I like directly in Design View.

I'm sure if I disable someting in the Live Data or Application settings this would do the trick, but I am having a heck of a time finding out where. I really would be find just disabling all of the UD-type features since I don't use them.

Note that I am not trying to simply remove the placeholder label (i.e. show {} instead of {recordset.sample}). I can see that you can do that in the preferences, but that does not solve the problem.

Thanks much in advance for any help.

Reply to this topic