Forums

This topic is locked

How to display users name when user is logged in

Posted 25 Jul 2002 12:32:51
has voted
25 Jul 2002 12:32:51 Jeremy wie posted:
I have a site where users join up using an input form. Once the user has registered successfully they are then directed to a login page. If the user logs in successfully I want their username displayed throughout the website. I have created restricted access pages and a logout button to end the session variable. How do I display the username throughout the site?

Cheers

Jeremy

Replies

Replied 25 Jul 2002 14:46:37
25 Jul 2002 14:46:37 Viktor Farcic replied:
Assuming you're using ASP/VBScript
Insert following where you want username to be displayed:
<pre id=code><font face=courier size=2 id=code>&lt;%=Session("MM_Username"%&gt;</font id=code></pre id=code>

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
I have a site where users join up using an input form. Once the user has registered successfully they are then directed to a login page. If the user logs in successfully I want their username displayed throughout the website. I have created restricted access pages and a logout button to end the session variable. How do I display the username throughout the site?

Cheers

Jeremy

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size=2 id=quote>

Viktor Farcic
www.farcic.com
TalkZone Manager
Replied 25 Jul 2002 15:53:03
25 Jul 2002 15:53:03 Jeremy wie replied:
Thanks Viktor

Reply to this topic