Forums

This topic is locked

MX error with Access database

Posted 26 Jul 2002 01:45:45
has voted
26 Jul 2002 01:45:45 Roy Barrow posted:
I have a simple Access database with several tables. I create a connection to the database and the connection test as working...no prlblem..

I expand the tables and the connection shows me the schema of whatever table I select. I then click view data and get an error - "Syntax Error in Query. Incomplete Query clause" on 3 of the 5 tables in the database. The other two tables return the records as they should.

I have blown away the connection, the database, and recreated with the same results. The database queries fine from Excel or direct in Access... no problems found.

This is too weird!

Ideas????

Replies

Replied 26 Jul 2002 14:29:16
26 Jul 2002 14:29:16 Simon Bloodworth replied:
What are the names of the columns in your table?

There are certain words that access uses and if any of your tables are named the same there will be a conflict.

Simon

Red Leader
Replied 26 Jul 2002 14:48:08
26 Jul 2002 14:48:08 Roy Barrow replied:
I have narrowed the problem down a bit. It appears that Access/MX doesn't like a table named Admin. Renaming the table appears to have fixed the problem.

The Customer table contains 2000 records. When I select View Data from the Database panel, MX shows Loading Schema then times out. If I go to the table and remove the larger fields (50 char), I finally get it down to a size that does choke MX.

Questions: Why is MX so slow to pull records from this database? Excel on the same machine pulls the whole customer table is a split second... Weird.

This is almost unusable....

Reply to this topic