Forums

This topic is locked

tell-a-friend javascript , PLS HELP!!

Posted 29 Aug 2002 09:47:45
has voted
29 Aug 2002 09:47:45 crystal clear posted:
I am building a page in dreamweaver. I have this image map with an invisible tag / hotspot 'send this link'. I am new to javascript, but have found a script but it adds the text 'send this link to a friend' and assigns the link to that text. I want to use the script action & not the text as I have already made 'send this link' as an image map. I like to know what script to use to the invisble tag or the hot spot?

I am attaching the script below which has the text. Thanks for any help.

function isPPC() {
if (navigator.appVersion.indexOf("PPC" != -1) return true;
else return false;
}
if(isPPC()) {
document.write('<b>Send <A CLASS="contact" HREF=\"mailto:\?subject\=Take a look at this page I found, ' + document.title + '?body=You can see this page at: ' + window.location + '\" onMouseOver="window.status=\'Send your friends e-mail about this page\'; return true" TITLE="Send your friends e-mail about this page">this page<\/A> to a friend</b>');
}
else { document.write('<b>Send <A CLASS="contact" HREF=\"mailto:\?body\=Take a look at this page I found, ' + document.title + '. You can see this page at: ' + window.location + '\" onMouseOver="window.status=\'Send your friends e-mail about this page\'; return true" TITLE="Send your friends e-mail about this page">this page<\/A> to a friend</b>');
}
// End -->
</script>

</font>
</div>

<p><center>
<font face="arial, helvetica" size"-2">Free JavaScripts provided<br>
by <a href="javascriptsource.com">The JavaScript Source</a></font>
</center><p>

Reply to this topic