Forums

This topic is locked

Oracle Number Field Problem

Posted 15 Jan 2003 14:10:24
has voted
15 Jan 2003 14:10:24 Vince Baker posted:
I am getting a strange error when I try to display a number field from an oracle database on my asp page....

When I test the recordset it shows the numerical field value from the table correctly, however, when I bind the field to the web page and view it the value has turned to 0.

The page has no other code on it except for the recordset and the binded field.

Cant get my head around this, anyone had any problems like this? or have any suggestions?

Regards
Vince

Response.write("The best line of code you can ever use"

VBScript | ASP | HTML | SQL | Oracle | Hosting

Replies

Replied 16 Apr 2007 05:00:35
16 Apr 2007 05:00:35 Martin Butler replied:
<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
I am getting a strange error when I try to display a number field from an oracle database on my asp page....

When I test the recordset it shows the numerical field value from the table correctly, however, when I bind the field to the web page and view it the value has turned to 0.

The page has no other code on it except for the recordset and the binded field.

Cant get my head around this, anyone had any problems like this? or have any suggestions?

Regards
Vince

Response.write("The best line of code you can ever use"

VBScript | ASP | HTML | SQL | Oracle | Hosting
<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size=2 id=quote>
I encountered a similar issue just now and found the solution by going into ODBC connections in my administrative tools and changing the driver used from Oracle for Oracle Connection to Microsoft for Oracle Connection.

Reply to this topic