Forums

This topic is locked

Menus

Posted 18 Feb 2003 14:25:04
has voted
18 Feb 2003 14:25:04 david byrne posted:
Does anyone know a good place for learning how to design menus? I came across a good on the last day (www.asda.co.uk and go intothe shop online) and was wondering if someone could help me. I have a problem that i am trying to create a site with up to 5000 stock items under 40 headings or so (sum are subsections) and I am a bit lost.
Thanks in advance

Replies

Replied 18 Feb 2003 18:43:33
18 Feb 2003 18:43:33 Marja Ribbers-de Vroed replied:
<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
Does anyone know a good place for learning how to design menus? I came across a good on the last day (www.asda.co.uk and go intothe shop online) and was wondering if someone could help me. I have a problem that i am trying to create a site with up to 5000 stock items under 40 headings or so (sum are subsections) and I am a bit lost.
Thanks in advance
<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size=2 id=quote>
Take a look at Layer Genie (an extension) and the corresponding tutorials etc. here at DMXzone at: www.dmxzone.com/ShowDetail.asp?NewsId=4353

--
Marja Ribbers-de Vroed
www.flevooware.nl
www.flevooware.nl/dreamweaver/
Replied 25 Feb 2003 16:28:24
25 Feb 2003 16:28:24 david byrne replied:
it doesnt really do the job, the tool is good but not what im looking for. Look at the asda website. looks like it was done under the idea of bread crumbs, well thats one way I can see of creating the menu structure.
Replied 25 Feb 2003 23:34:59
25 Feb 2003 23:34:59 Dennis van Galen replied:
i think you want to look here, David:
www.playingwithfire.com/tool_tips/tabs.html
although you could probably achieve the same thing with layers, like Marja suggested.

Macromedia provides some insight as well. Infact they link to this same article and present you with a nice, functioning, prebuild tab image:
www.macromedia.com/support/fireworks/ts/documents/overlapping_slices.htm#tabbed

HTH

With regards,

Dennis van Galen
DMXzone Manager
Tutorial, FAQ and Extension Manager

Edited by - djvgalen on 25 Feb 2003 23:35:40

Reply to this topic