Forums

PHP

This topic is locked

Connecting MySQL Dbase to DMX

Posted 31 Mar 2003 19:20:29
has voted
31 Mar 2003 19:20:29 adrian lucero posted:
Hi all,
Ok I need help,pls, connecting my MySQL Dbase to DMX. I tried using phpMyAdmin2.04 and I cant get the admin page to come up. My platform as folllows on W2K.
Apache2.0.44
MySQL4.0.12
PHP4.3.1
PHP4 pages work fine but php and php3 pages dont work.
Is there any other way of connecting the Dbase to DMX?

thanks

Replies

Replied 05 Apr 2003 15:46:59
05 Apr 2003 15:46:59 Paul Taylor replied:
I've found there are some slight problems. PHP4.3 works great with Apache1.3. PHP4.0 or earlier works fine with Apache 2. But put the 2 together... The PHP site unhelpfully says that they don't recommend it.

However, this is my workaround, which I've got going with an identical setup to yours. sorry it's a bit formal, and I know you'll have done most of it already - I've copied and pasted it from a training manual I've just written.

* Stop Apache
* Download zip file, rather than win installer. Php-4.3.1-Win32.zip
* Extract contents to C:\php
* Copy php.ini-dist to your Windows directory – Windows in XP, WINNT in 2000. Rename it as php.ini
* Copy php4ts.dll from C:\php to C:\Windows\System32
* Edit php.ini in a text editor, as shown in the next few lines
* Find the line extension_dir = ./
* Amend to extension_dir = C:\php
* Save file
* Find line doc_root = ./
* Amend line to doc_root = C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache2\htdocs
* Save and close php.ini
* Open httpd.conf in text editor
* Look for lines beginning LoadModule
* Add these lines

LoadModule php4_module “C:/php/sapi/php4apache2.dll”
AddType application/x-httpd-php .php

* Save file
* Start Apache

I also had trouble with PHPMyAdmin, until I remembered I hadn't made an alias for the phpmyadmin folder - but then I can be real dense.

However, as an alternative to phpmyadmin, why not try DBManager from www.dbtools.com.br - it's superb.

Paul Taylor

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
Hi all,
Ok I need help,pls, connecting my MySQL Dbase to DMX. I tried using phpMyAdmin2.04 and I cant get the admin page to come up. My platform as folllows on W2K.
Apache2.0.44
MySQL4.0.12
PHP4.3.1
PHP4 pages work fine but php and php3 pages dont work.
Is there any other way of connecting the Dbase to DMX?

thanks
<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size=2 id=quote>

Reply to this topic