Forums

This topic is locked

Writing extensions

Posted 06 Apr 2003 15:47:39
has voted
06 Apr 2003 15:47:39 Ivan Halen posted:
Hello,
I need some help for building a Server Behavior for ASP: I saw that on the Generate Behavior Dialog Box there's not the possibility to choose the input tags of a form from a list... But I saw this thing in many extensions, so I was wondering: how to do it?

On the other hand there's not the possibility to choose from a list of available form on the page, and more I have no idea on how to create "alerts" as "Please first insert the Update Record behavior", or how to put the "Numeric" checkbox near the "ID" of the record...

My final question is: where can i find VERY DEEP tutorials about creating extensions? Thanks for the answers...

Replies

Replied 11 Apr 2003 11:17:23
11 Apr 2003 11:17:23 Patrick Woldberg replied:
You can use the FormFieldsMenu.js from Macromedia or create an own control for it. Best to learn how it is done is by looking in the sourcecode of the existing behaviours. The controls from macromedia have very good help inside there files, you need very good javascript knowlidge to make complex extensions.

--------------------------------------------------
Patrick Woldberg
Web Developer at Dynamic Zones
Manager at DMXzone.com
--------------------------------------------------
Replied 11 Apr 2003 16:47:09
11 Apr 2003 16:47:09 Ivan Halen replied:
Ok, I found the FormFieldsMenu.js file in the Scripts folder, but i saw that there's not a corresponding HTML file in the String Menu folder: is it normal? Am I missing some files? I think it's much more difficult than what I thought... :-/

Reply to this topic