Forums

PHP

This topic is locked

404 Error Page Not Found

Posted 23 May 2003 21:31:35
has voted
23 May 2003 21:31:35 Jeff Rude posted:
I have been trying to follow a tutorial for creating, connecting and editing a dynamic page with DMX, PHP and mySQL. I keep getting tripped up on something now and it's getting rediculous. Being that I am not a coder/developer I am totally at the whim of DMX to cooperate with me and as of lately I have to fight for two to three weeks just to get something to work. My latest problem is as follows:

I have followed the tutorial by Alan Kent (PHP and Dreamweaver MX Continued) on displaying data and Creating new records as well as I can figure to the word/photo. But when I test it out, I enter my data into the text fields of the form and attempt to submit, the next page I see is a 404 error saying that it can not find the page. I have added everything as I am told by the tutorial but it still doesn't work. I test to see if PHP works properly and it does so I have been told that it is something wrong with the script. Herein lies the problem... I have no Idea how to change the script to make it show up. I figure I am missing one stupid step that is obvious to make it show up bot I can't tell. The wierd thing is that after I do this and get the error message, I press back and refresh and my data is included. On the delete portion of the tutorial the opposite is true, I get the same error message but I am not able to delete anything, though I have followed the tutorial.

Please help me.

Reply to this topic