Forums

This topic is locked

Client side dependent listboxes help needed!!!

Posted 12 Jun 2003 17:03:00
has voted
12 Jun 2003 17:03:00 Jelle-Jacob de Vries posted:
Hi All,

I'm using the Client side dependent listbox script from macromedia.com

www.macromedia.com/support/ultradev/ts/documents/client_dynamic_listbox.htm

All works fine but I was wondering if it's possible to add some code to set the value of the child listbox equal to the parent? DMX offers the same function "set vlaue equal to" I wanna use this on an update form. ASP/vbscript.

Thanks in advance.

Replies

Replied 13 Jun 2003 20:58:02
13 Jun 2003 20:58:02 Jelle-Jacob de Vries replied:
Mmmmm.... I think I didn't make my self really clear here.

I think I need some extra javascript that sets the value of the child listmenu equal to the parent.
The same way dreamweaver does it with the dynamic listmenu's.

For example: My parent Listmenu contains different soccer competition names from a dbase table called competition. The child listmenu contains values from the child table called clubs. As you know one competition has more then one club. So if I want to update the rapport of f.e. Ruud van Nistelrooy (a famous soccerplayer) I select his record from the database, when I do this with the script from macromedia, the parent listboxes shows "Premier Ship" which is good, but the child listmenu shows the first record in the database, but I want the child listmenu to show "Manchester United" which is the second record in the database.

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
Hi All,

I'm using the Client side dependent listbox script from macromedia.com

www.macromedia.com/support/ultradev/ts/documents/client_dynamic_listbox.htm

All works fine but I was wondering if it's possible to add some code to set the value of the child listbox equal to the parent? DMX offers the same function "set vlaue equal to" I wanna use this on an update form. ASP/vbscript.

Thanks in advance.
<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size=2 id=quote>

Reply to this topic