Forums

This topic is locked

Pure ASP Upload - update/delete form error

Posted 18 Aug 2003 16:52:37
has voted
18 Aug 2003 16:52:37 John Dixon posted:
Is there a problem with having two forms on the same page? I have a page used to update records, which also has a small form at the bottom in case this record needs to be deleted. Both forms use the standard Dreamweaver behaviours.

If I have both forms on the same page, the update form gives me the error :

'Request object error 'ASP 0208 : 80004005'
Cannot use generic Request collection
/editing/training_doc_update.asp, line 128
Cannot use the generic Request collection after calling BinaryRead.'

If I try to delete the record, I get the message:

'Form was submitted with no ENCTYPE="multipart/form-data"
Please correct and try again'

From a page generated by ASP Upload.

If I delete the delete form and behaviour, everything works okay. I'd prefer to use one page for both updating and deleting records as it's a more elegant solution. Any ideas?

Replies

Replied 25 Aug 2003 10:55:37
25 Aug 2003 10:55:37 Patrick Woldberg replied:
You need to replace the Requests to UploadFormRequest, if there still are problems please email the script to and I will look at it.

--------------------------------------------------
Patrick Woldberg
Web Developer at Dynamic Zones
Manager at DMXzone.com
--------------------------------------------------
Replied 23 Oct 2007 16:59:23
23 Oct 2007 16:59:23 Mark Steven replied:
<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote> You need to replace the Requests to UploadFormRequest, if there still are problems please email the script to and I will look at it. <hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size=2 id=quote>

Can anyone elaborate on this for me - I have the same problem but this doesn't really explain what to do very clearly.

Many thanks.
Replied 24 Oct 2007 10:35:32
24 Oct 2007 10:35:32 Georgi Kralev replied:
<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
Can anyone elaborate on this for me - I have the same problem but this doesn't really explain what to do very clearly.
<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size=2 id=quote>
Hi Mark,

The following FAQ explains in more details this issue:
www.dmxzone.com/showDetail.asp?TypeId=7&NewsId=1091

I hope that you will find it useful.

Regards,

Georgi Kralev

----------------------------------
Support - www.DMXzone.com

Reply to this topic