Forums

This topic is locked

PureASP Upload not working

Posted 29 Oct 2003 22:18:09
has voted
29 Oct 2003 22:18:09 Andy Yule posted:
I've just installed the ASP upload 216 and cannot get it to do a simple upload reliably. It seems to work with very small files < 15k but anything else just provides a "Page Cannot Be displayed" error. I have changed both page refresh and also the component timout. I have managed to upload a few times a file 23k but not always? Now I'm confused. Can anyone offer me any advice/help. The server is a Fasthosts account running Windows 2003 with .Net installed

Might help....
Looking at the scripts to try and debug I set the version to 2.15 in the .js It should report an incorrect version. With the files that don't work it doesn't get that far! Been trying to work out where it seems to hang.
Also turned off script blocking in Antivirus because I think this can cause a problem sometimes?

Replies

Replied 30 Oct 2003 14:13:49
30 Oct 2003 14:13:49 Andy Yule replied:
Have checked with hosting company, they don't know of issues. Suggested testing with ASPUpload which worked (same files).

Server log reports status 400 only for request.
Replied 30 Oct 2003 14:26:29
30 Oct 2003 14:26:29 Patrick Woldberg replied:
Check the FAQ: www.dmxzone.com/go?5424

--------------------------------------------------
Patrick Woldberg
Web Developer at Dynamic Zones
Manager at DMXzone.com
Replied 30 Oct 2003 14:48:07
30 Oct 2003 14:48:07 Andy Yule replied:
Spoken to Fasthosts AspMaxRequestEntityAllowed is set to 1Meg - and they say they wouldn't change it anyway!
Replied 31 Oct 2003 19:47:44
31 Oct 2003 19:47:44 Andy Yule replied:
Any chance of some help on getting it working - I've just spent 2 days trying myself. Alternative is a refund?
Replied 14 Nov 2003 00:57:54
14 Nov 2003 00:57:54 FABIO MINEZZI replied:
George, I still have the problem with Pure ASP which doesn't work under Windows XP (italian version). Probably you forgot it but pages still lock and Microsoft IIS stops working. The same page works fine under W2K.
Patrick Woldberg and Martha Graham worked to the problem but i had no response yet. Could we work to the problem strictly? I'd like to understand and resolve it. Thanks.
Replied 17 Nov 2003 21:12:45
17 Nov 2003 21:12:45 nathan green replied:
Andy,

I have an identical problem. I also use Fasthosts.

It makes no sense at all the system was all working fine until a couple of weeks ago when it started going wonky. I have sent my files to patrick/george - I don't really know whether to believe fasthosts or not at this point - they have jerked me around before......

Please hassle Patrick and George some more and I will do the same. The problem seemed to arise after upgrading to 2.16 hmmmmmm.

Patrick's request that you consult the FAQ is all very well but not very helpful. At least we now know that Fasthosts have said the same thing to more than one of us.

Cheers,

Nathan

Replied 17 Nov 2003 23:13:03
17 Nov 2003 23:13:03 Andy Yule replied:
Sent this email to Patrick last week, I've had no response yet!

The upload works fine when I try it from the school that I work at!

With all the testing I have done, I can only say that it is something to do with the actual connection via NTL broadband, possibly something to do with the NTL local proxy? I have just tested it again but I used a FastDial Dialup account AND IT WORKED! So that proves it's my connection and not the PureASP script!
OK next, I'm connected through a Netgear router, it's either that or NTL!
I don't know what else to do...Does anyone have a clue?

Andy

Patrick,

Does this make sense? - the upload does not work from my office location
(connection via NTL broadband) - EVERY thing the same apart from I am now
in my office! Same file to upload, same script, same Laptop.

www.revival.uk.com/test/pureupload.asp

Script attached.

I did get only ONCE the error on my office desktop:
Request object error 'ASP 0104 : 80004005'
Operation not Allowed
/ScriptLibrary/incPureUpload.asp, line 40

But normally I get "Page cannot be displayed" even with Show Friendly errors
turned off.

But it worked fine running the same script from another site?!

Regards,
Andy

Replied 18 Nov 2003 10:39:25
18 Nov 2003 10:39:25 Patrick Woldberg replied:
Sorry when the email isn't answered, I normally do it as soon as possible, but at the moment it are very busy days over here. I am working on the problem, that is all I can say, a new update is on it's way and will be released soon, don't know if it will have a fix for this problem also at that time, I hope we will find it before the release.

Patrick Woldberg
Web Developer at Dynamic Zones
Manager at DMXzone.com
Replied 18 Nov 2003 23:34:41
18 Nov 2003 23:34:41 FABIO MINEZZI replied:
Thank you Patrick,
hope your are busy with your work as us.... because my first problem is to keep quiet my customers on this problem. File Genie is not working since January 2003 and I think you had enough time to think about it. I hope the new release will be able to fix this problem because now I just can say that I've bought something which is not working. If you want I can give you all the information you want about this problem.... if you want!
All the best!

Fabio.
Replied 21 May 2006 09:59:38
21 May 2006 09:59:38 Vitor Fernandes-Neto replied:
Hi all,
Me also I have a problem with fasthosts, they will not increase the upload limit. I have tried with aspupload and that way it works, but I LIKE the PURE ASP UPLOAD. Is that a way that you guys could include a facility to use with aspupload for those poor beggers like me that use fasthosts.

Cheers all the help will be aprreciated.

vitor

Reply to this topic