Forums

This topic is locked

HTTP Error code 404

Posted 10 Dec 2003 15:50:39
has voted
10 Dec 2003 15:50:39 Carl Robison posted:
I've searched through your archives and found many responses to this problem, but I'm still not sure where I'm going wrong. I have a WinXP system. I've created a simple MySQL database named "testing". These are the steps I've taken.

1. Created a site:
Site Name: List a Menu
Local Root Folder: C:\Sites\ListaMenu Default Images Folder:
C:\Sites\ListaMenu\Images HTTP Address:
??????? What should I put here or is this only for remote connection???

2. Chose a document type: PHP

3. Set up testing server:
Server model: PHP MySQL
Access: Local Network
Testing Server Folder:
C:\Phperl2.3\Apache2 URL Prefix: localhost/Phperl2.3/Apache2/
( I really have no clue if those last two items are correct)

4. Click the plus sign under Databases tab and select MySQL Connection
Connection Name: List a Menu
MySQL Server: localhost
Username: *
Password:*******
Database: Testing

Something else that's confusing me...when I setup MySQL, I did set up a password, but what is the user name that they're asking me for here?

Anyway, if I click on the Test button at this point, I get the dreaded:

HTTP Error Code 404 File Not Found. Here are some possible reasons for the problem:

1. There is no testing server running on the server machine. (I do know the server is running)
2. The testing server specified for this site does not map to the localhost/Phperl2.3/Apache2/_mmServerScripts/MMHTTPDB.php URL. Verify that the URL Prefix maps to the root of the site.

I do have a _mmServerScripts folder in my Apache folder with 2 PHP files in it:
MMHTTPDB.php and mysql.php.

I apologize if I'm giving more information than needed, but I've gone through every post I can find on this problem and still can't figure out where I'm going wrong with my settings. Thank you so much for any help you can give!!!!

Carl

Replies

Replied 11 Dec 2003 16:06:53
11 Dec 2003 16:06:53 Michal Dusik replied:
Maybe I'm wrong, but your problem does not seems to be related with some SQL setting. Its more closely a problem of pages location. Hes not telling u that u have a syntax error...its just telling u he cant find the page. Check the location of your files...

Hope it help
Miky
Replied 11 Dec 2003 16:09:29
11 Dec 2003 16:09:29 Michal Dusik replied:
Maybe I'm wrong, but your problem does not seems to be related with some SQL setting. Its more closely a problem of pages location. Hes not telling u that u have a syntax error...its just telling u he cant find the page. Check the location of your files...

Hope it help
Miky
Replied 11 Dec 2003 16:10:34
11 Dec 2003 16:10:34 Michal Dusik replied:

Hope it help
Miky

Reply to this topic