Forums

This topic is locked

connecting to mySQL in DWMX

Posted 27 May 2004 05:32:39
has voted
27 May 2004 05:32:39 Matt Millican posted:
Hi all,
Being new to sql databases, I am not sure how to connect to an SQL database in DWMX. The part where I get confused is where it says Server Name, I put localhost but I always get an error message. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Matt

Matt Millican
InternetMill.com
www.internetmill.com
(Win XP Pro / DWMX / Access XP / ASP / VBscript)

Replies

Replied 27 May 2004 16:39:09
27 May 2004 16:39:09 Rodolfo IV Fornillos replied:
i believe we are having the same problem... i checked on the forum found in Macromedia's website - guess you might say, you're not alone... m trying to connect Dreamweaver MX 2004, to my database (created in MySQL) and it won't work... Saying that the testing server is not running (of course I checked and made sure that MySQL was running)... I tried it using Dreamweaver MX (version 6.0), and it works... Now, if you're problem concerns only that you're encountering an error when connecting to the database, you can check if you're MySQL is running... if it's running, you should set the password for it, to avoid using the password "blank"...

There's no such thing as right or wrong; there's what we do, and what we don't do...
Replied 03 Jun 2004 18:54:30
03 Jun 2004 18:54:30 Matt Machell replied:
<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
The part where I get confused is where it says Server Name, I put localhost but I always get an error message. <hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size=2 id=quote>

Is your database running on the local machine? Localhost will only work if PHP/Apache and MySQL are using the same machine. Some hosting companies seperate the two, in which case you may need to use an IP address.

-Matt

DMX Zone Premium Content Author

Reply to this topic