Forums

This topic is locked

CSS-P and Fireworks layout

Posted 11 Jun 2004 06:00:56
has voted
11 Jun 2004 06:00:56 Karen Kreps posted:
Can Fireworks be used to design a GUI and then converted--not to tables--but to CSS? Is there a tutorial that explains how this would be done? Thanks!

Replies

Replied 11 Jun 2004 12:29:07
11 Jun 2004 12:29:07 Dave Thomas replied:
www.macromedia.com/cfusion/search/index.cfm?LOC=en%5Fus&TERM=css%2Dp

www.macromedia.com/cfusion/search/index.cfm?loc=en_us&term=css+fireworks&action=Search&area=

Regards,
Dave

[DWMX 2004]|[FlashMX 2004 Pro]|[Studio MX 2004]|[SQL]|[Access2000/2002]|[ASP/VBScript]|[XP-Pro]
If you like online gaming, please register @ www.nova-multigaming.com
Replied 11 Jun 2004 20:43:04
11 Jun 2004 20:43:04 Karen Kreps replied:
www.macromedia.com/cfusion/search/index.cfm?LOC=en%5Fus&TERM=css%2Dp

www.macromedia.com/cfusion/search/index.cfm?loc=en_us&term=css+fireworks&action=Search&area=

Regards,
Dave

Thanks for the suggestions Dave, but I still haven't found what I seek. One of those tutorials is about FW/DW with Tables.

I had not seen the one about the Inferno, but will try it out.

I spent most of yesterday working with the Macromedia tutorial by Adrian Senior, "Designing a Site with the CSS-P Method." It was frustrating because some of the links he has to illustrations of what the code or design should look like did not work and there was no example of what the finished page or finished code should be. Also, some of his intructions referred to windows such as the "New CSS Style" that didn't match the "New CSS Style" options on my version of DW MX 2004 for PC. e.g.

His said:

Tag [ drop down box]
Type: o Make Custom Style (class)
o Redefine HTML tag
o Use CSS selector

Mine says:

Selector [drop down box]
Selector type: o Class (can apply to any tag)
o Tag (refine the look of any tag)
o Advanced (IDs, contextual selectors, etc)

My attempt to work with the discrepancies resulted in a layout that looked fine in design mode but did not look right when I previewed it in a browser.

KK
Replied 11 Jun 2004 23:36:39
11 Jun 2004 23:36:39 Dave Thomas replied:
u tried the sister site to this www.fwzone.com

i can understand your frustrations but it's hard to ever find anything that relates 100% to what your trying to learn.

basically your question could have been "Can ANY gfx program be used...." as Fireworks isn't the issue it's the CSS that's important. and any program could be used.

a simple search on google for "css-p" brings back a lot of results, but all you need is a good refernce or tutorial on css level 2 and above.

some good css resources can be found below

www.meyerweb.com

bluerobot.com/

jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/ < very handy in finding mistakes

www.molly.com/

www.projectseven.com/tutorials/index.htm

Regards,
Dave

[DWMX 2004]|[FlashMX 2004 Pro]|[Studio MX 2004]|[SQL]|[Access2000/2002]|[ASP/VBScript]|[XP-Pro]
If you like online gaming, please register @ www.nova-multigaming.com

Reply to this topic