Forums

This topic is locked

Connection String

Posted 11 Jul 2004 09:24:11
has voted
11 Jul 2004 09:24:11 Husnain Naz posted:
<font face='Arial'>Hello All,
I am using dreamweaver MX i created one asp application which have 10 - 15 asp pages. How when i tried to upload it to my server i couldn't find any way to add a dsn on the server. I tried to contact but the people are not replyin as well. when i tried to make the connection using connection string its now working.. is there anybody who have a solution of my problem when i upload the pages its showing code instead of the page. which means there is no database connectivty. I am reading my site counter from the website is there any possiblity to check the database path. I am using Myapp but still couldn't help me.

Waiting for your reply

Naaz
</font id='Arial'>

Naaz

Replies

Replied 12 Jul 2004 18:21:52
12 Jul 2004 18:21:52 Jeremy Conn replied:
You can use a DSN-less connection string - simply replace the highlighted DSN name and db location with the relevant info for your specific situation:

&lt;%
' FileName="Connection_odbc_conn_dsn.htm"
' Type="ADO"
' DesigntimeType="ADO"
' HTTP="false"
' Catalog=""
' Schema=""
MM_<b>connNAME</b>_STRING = "DRIVER={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)};DBQ=" & Server.MapPath("<b>db\somename.mdb</b>"
%&gt;

<b>Connman21</b>
www.conncreativemedia.com
<b>DEVELOPMENT SETUP</b>
DWMX 2004 Studio
Web Server: IIS5
DB: Access2003/SQL2000
Language: ASP/VB

Edited by - connman21 on 12 Jul 2004 18:22:52
Replied 13 Jul 2004 08:11:40
13 Jul 2004 08:11:40 Husnain Naz replied:
Thanks a lot dear..

So nice of you. I just check with them. They said they didn't support databases. so i have to find some place to host my website. Do you know any cheap and reliable webhosting.

Many thanks for your prompt and +ve reply

Regards,
Naaz

Naaz

Reply to this topic