Forums

This topic is locked

Can Anyone help with Database Connection?(newbie)

Posted 15 Jul 2004 13:56:09
has voted
15 Jul 2004 13:56:09 liz shaw posted:
I am currently trying to make a shop/connection with a database in Studio MX (the most recent one). I am able to do the DSN bit and when I test that it all works fine, but when I try to insert a recordset it says I need to set up the sites testing server and sends me back to the site definition page - i can get no further. If you can think of anything, please help.

Replies

Replied 22 Jul 2004 16:44:01
22 Jul 2004 16:44:01 Simon Martin replied:
If DMX is throwing js errors then that sounds like all is not well in the world of MM.

Going back to UltraDav's comments earlier it sounds like your re-installation of DMX didnt result in a clean install; traces of dmx are probably left floating around on your pc somewhere.
If you can I would suggest uninstalling it and checking manually to see if its left anything behind... look in Program Files and also Application Data (it might be hidden - but its path by default is something like this... C:\Documents and Settings\simon.martin\Application Data\Macromedia\Dreamweaver MX 2004)
Just delete the dreamweaver folders you find left behind. Then use the jv powertools (see my earlier post for the link) trial version to clean out your registry.

After doing all that your system <i>should </i> be free from dmx.
Then re-install

and they say computers make our lives easier?!?!?

Sharing knowledge saves valuable time!

Simon

[DWMX 2004]|[SQL]|[ASP/VBScript]|[XP-Pro]
Replied 22 Jul 2004 16:45:04
22 Jul 2004 16:45:04 Bryan Hornung replied:
you can get it from Macromedia.com. When you open dreamweaver there is usually an icon on the welcome screen (bottom right of the screen) that you can click to download the update.

I.T. Soltuions That Work!
www.xactdesign.com
Replied 22 Jul 2004 16:48:11
22 Jul 2004 16:48:11 Simon Martin replied:
In terms of updaters...
www.macromedia.com/support/dreamweaver/downloads_updaters.html#dwmx2004
however there are issues with the updates - check the forums to see
Personally I dont think that the update will resolve this problem as it really really shouldnt be a problem - but it might be worth a try

Sharing knowledge saves valuable time!

Simon

[DWMX 2004]|[SQL]|[ASP/VBScript]|[XP-Pro]
Replied 22 Jul 2004 19:30:10
22 Jul 2004 19:30:10 Dave Thomas replied:
well a lot of people are having trouble AFTER putting the update in, i've stayed well clear of it.

" Don't fix what ain't broken in my case "

Liz, I'll send you a copy of connection.js, it's possible you have a corrupt file

Edit: and if that doesnt work, do the registry clean out.

Regards,
Dave

[DWMX 2004]|[FlashMX 2004 Pro]|[SQL]|[Access2000]|[ASP/VBScript]|[XP-Pro]

Edited by - UltraDav on 22 Jul 2004 19:31:49
Replied 22 Jul 2004 20:44:54
22 Jul 2004 20:44:54 Bryan Hornung replied:
That's funny/odd, I had all kinds of bugs with initial release of DW and after the updates I do not have any issues......

I.T. Soltuions That Work!
www.xactdesign.com

Reply to this topic