Forums

This topic is locked

Troubles registering DreamWeaver extensions

Posted 19 Jan 2005 05:14:44
has voted
19 Jan 2005 05:14:44 Stephen Marovitch posted:
Hi there,

I'm unable to complete the install of Layer Genie. The installer that self launches on opening DreamWeaver is unable to establish a connection via our network and I have a sneaking suspicion that it's due to the Proxy Server that this company sits behind as I've experience this problem with other registrations before.

How do I solve this? I have work to do!

Replies

Replied 19 Jan 2005 06:59:37
19 Jan 2005 06:59:37 Chris Charlton replied:
<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>I'm unable to complete the install of Layer Genie. The installer that self launches on opening DreamWeaver is unable to establish a connection via our network and I have a sneaking suspicion that it's due to the Proxy Server that this company sits behind as I've experience this problem with other registrations before.<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size=2 id=quote>

Firewall blocking?
Replied 19 Jan 2005 12:03:04
19 Jan 2005 12:03:04 Stephen Marovitch replied:
The IT Department manage incoming and outgoing traffic via a proxy server which packet shapes. It appears that it does not permit outbound sends or call from the registration software. As I mentioned before, this has occured on another bit of software which required access to the internet to complete the registration. Fortunately in that instance, I was able to generate a registration key via a web interface and successfuly complete the software install.
Replied 19 Jan 2005 19:13:29
19 Jan 2005 19:13:29 Chris Charlton replied:
<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>The IT Department manage incoming and outgoing traffic via a proxy server which packet shapes. It appears that it does not permit outbound sends or call from the registration software. As I mentioned before, this has occured on another bit of software which required access to the internet to complete the registration. Fortunately in that instance, I was able to generate a registration key via a web interface and successfuly complete the software install.<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size=2 id=quote>

Has your IT staff made any recommendations why this software be any different?

Are you using the latest DW version (MX=6.1, MX2004=7.01)
Replied 22 Jan 2005 15:23:41
22 Jan 2005 15:23:41 Aleksandar Radenkovic replied:
Pricajte srpski ljudi

Jea prvi sam ha ha

Reply to this topic