Forums

This topic is locked

Writing to a form with javascript

Posted 08 Feb 2005 01:15:07
has voted
08 Feb 2005 01:15:07 Dan Berdusco posted:
Unfortunately, my knowledge with javascript is quite limited... I am hopoing that someone may have an answer for me. Basically, all i need is the ability to click an image, and depending on what image is clicked, fill a text box with a certain text string. My idea is this, Have 10 images that show the numbers 0-10. They images would be setup similar to a phone or ATM machine. If the user clicked on the image that was "6", then the text box would show the number 6. If the user then clicked on the number "8", the textbox would now read 68.

See what i mean? Is this possible with javascript. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Replies

Replied 08 Feb 2005 04:42:30
08 Feb 2005 04:42:30 Chris Charlton replied:
DMXzone definitely has a few articles that will enhance your JS (JavaScript) for these scenarios.
<ul><li><b>JavaScripting usable forms</b> - www.dmxzone.com/ShowDetail.asp?NewsId=5252</li><li><b>Scripting Forms</b> - www.dmxzone.com/ShowDetail.asp?NewsId=4936</li><li><b>JavaScript Tricks for Usable Forms</b> - www.dmxzone.com/ShowDetail.asp?NewsId=5423</li></ul>

Just ot start, and there are <i>over</i> 30 JavaScript articles in the Premium Content area.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Chris Charlton <i>- DMXzone Manager</i>
<font size=1>[ Studio MX/MX2004 | PHP/ASP | SQL | XHTML/CSS | XML | Actionscript | Web Accessibility | MX Extensibility ]</font id=size1>
Replied 02 Mar 2005 08:23:43
02 Mar 2005 08:23:43 Dan Berdusco replied:
Hi Chris,

Thank you for your help, and I have no problem buying these articles, but I would like to ensure that these articles will answer my specific question.

Thanks...
Replied 02 Mar 2005 11:19:39
02 Mar 2005 11:19:39 Chris Charlton replied:
Yes, these JS articles are form based, which is what you're trying to do mainly (click and append #'s into a textbox). In fact, I'd go through the listing of all JavaScript/Forms articles as I think there a few more - some are detailed for the &lt;select&gt; box, checkboxes, etc. They have all been really helpful and I have them bookmarked for my form building nights.

Also, each article has an opening preview page - read that and see what fits. Also, I'd point you to some of our Tutorials & FAQ's (all free), but there aren't any posted by anyone who goes into JS+Forms.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Chris Charlton <i>- DMXzone Manager</i>
<font size=1>[ Studio MX/MX2004 | PHP/ASP | SQL | XHTML/CSS | XML | Actionscript | Web Accessibility | MX Extensibility ]</font id=size1>

Reply to this topic