Forums

This topic is locked

Drawpad

Posted 25 Mar 2005 14:55:23
has voted
25 Mar 2005 14:55:23 Chris Trace posted:
hey all,

Does anyone know an easy way to integrate a drawpad into a html or php page with capture and mail capabilites

cheers

Replies

Replied 25 Mar 2005 17:42:30
25 Mar 2005 17:42:30 Chris Charlton replied:
What language/plugin would you do the render the drawpad with? (Flash, Java, etc.)

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Chris Charlton <i>- DMXzone Manager</i>
<font size=1>[ Studio MX/MX2004 | PHP/ASP | SQL | XHTML/CSS | XML | Actionscript | Web Accessibility | MX Extensibility ]</font id=size1>
Replied 26 Mar 2005 06:57:01
26 Mar 2005 06:57:01 Chris Trace replied:
either - is just a nice touch simplistic to intgrate - flash would be best in so far as cross browser capabilities but basically depends on cost

general electric have a fantastic one on their site which is flash - although that has been extensively customised
Replied 26 Mar 2005 07:33:20
26 Mar 2005 07:33:20 Chris Charlton replied:
<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>either - is just a nice touch simplistic to intgrate - flash would be best in so far as cross browser capabilities but basically depends on cost

general electric have a fantastic one on their site which is flash - although that has been extensively customised<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size=2 id=quote>
Do you have the code/module already? Or, you need to start one from scratch?

Ya, Flash is your best bet, especially due to browser difference.

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>Does anyone know an easy way to integrate a drawpad into a html or php page with capture and mail capabilites<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size=2 id=quote>
So, now what format do you want to capture as? output as? (JPEG, PNG, SWF, PDF, XML)

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
<font size=1>[ Studio MX/MX2004 | PHP/ASP | SQL | XHTML/CSS | XML | Actionscript | Web Accessibility | MX Extensibility ]</font id=size1>
Replied 26 Mar 2005 07:49:16
26 Mar 2005 07:49:16 Chris Trace replied:
start from scratch situation - sry
seriously i think that there is a high probability that someone has already developed a plug n play sort of flash somewhere in the world - just need to find it lol
export as jpeg file as email attachment would be nice
Replied 27 Mar 2005 11:36:42
27 Mar 2005 11:36:42 Chris Trace replied:
hey - i found a few that are on the web already but nothing that really suits

basically i just want browsers to be able to have a place they can sketch at and be able to the pic or save it as a jpeg
Replied 27 Mar 2005 21:08:03
27 Mar 2005 21:08:03 Chris Charlton replied:
<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>hey - i found a few that are on the web already but nothing that really suits. basically i just want browsers to be able to have a place they can sketch at and be able to the pic or save it as a jpeg<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size=2 id=quote>
Ya, but that is a tall order, especially in the low-cost/free department. Post the links you saw, so we can look at them.

You'll probably want to start looking at Flash Remoting, Flash Communication Server-esque solutions. I'd even look up older Generator wanna-be's, like Swiff-Generator (Swift-Generator?), or a SWF-&gt;PNG/JPEG wrapper thingy.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Replied 01 Apr 2005 17:00:14
01 Apr 2005 17:00:14 Chris Trace replied:
found this one

www.youdraw.com/emailpad/emailpad.html

but this is closer to what i was describing

www.risorseflash.it/movie/singolo-solo.asp?id=drawpad

just with the others ability

Reply to this topic