Forums

This topic is locked

Advanced HTML Editor 2

Posted 24 Jul 2005 20:28:16
has voted
24 Jul 2005 20:28:16 billy flynt posted:
The majority of our user managed content, created with this extension, is ultimately viewed using a browser.

However, we have many customers that request to also output their content using Crystal Reports, which supports a limited set of HTML tags. Crystal Reports is no browser, but the supported tag set is enough for our needs.

Here is the issue we are facing,

When we provide the following to the extension:

align=center

The extension is rewriting this code, resulting in:

align=middle

Is there any way that we can cause the extension to leave align=center without changing? Crystal can render the center, but not middle tag.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions,
Billy Flynt

Replies

Replied 26 Jul 2005 02:09:52
26 Jul 2005 02:09:52 billy flynt replied:
Greetings,

Please disregard.

We have switched to PDF output vs Crystal output.

We love everything the way it is...

Billy
Replied 22 Aug 2005 18:14:06
22 Aug 2005 18:14:06 Joel Rea replied:
<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
Greetings,

Please disregard.

We have switched to PDF output vs Crystal output.

We love everything the way it is...

Billy
<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size=2 id=quote>
That’s still a bug, and a serious one. “align="middle"” is <i>not</i> valid HTML nor XHTML, in any version thereof. “Middle” is an acceptable value for the <b>v</b>align= parameter, but <i>not</i> the align= parameter! Align can take Left, Right, Center, Justify (in some tags), and other values indicating <i>horizontal</i> alignment. Valign takes Top, Bottom, Middle, Baseline, and other values indicating <i>vertical</i> alignment (thus the “v” in the name).

Also, from your message, it appars that the Editor doesn’t put the parameter values inside quotes. HTML will let you get away with not putting a value in quotes <i>if</i> the value doesn’t contain a space, but XHTML, being XML, absolutely <i>requires</i> that <i>all</i> values be enclosed in quotes, space or <i>no</i> space. Also, Boolean parameters that in HTML need only be named must have a value in XHTML (and it should be "true". So, for instance, you can get away with “&lt;input type=checkbox name=OptIn id=OptIn checked&gt;" in HTML, but <i>not</i> in XHTML. That same tag would need to be “&lt;input type="checkbox" name="OptIn" id="OptIn" checked="true"&gt;” in XHTML.

If the Editor can’t be trusted to write 100% valid HTML (preferrably XHTML) code under every circumstance, then it’s unsuitable for deployment in its current state.

That said, this is <i>not</i> the Advanced HTML Editor 2 Support Forum. To go there, view the Product Page and click on “Discuss.” <i>This</i> section is for bugs about this Website (and the other Zones Websites) as a whole.

Edited by - MMCC on 22 Aug 2005 18:24:10

Reply to this topic