Forums

This topic is locked

Flash menus

Posted 29 Jul 2005 04:32:48
has voted
29 Jul 2005 04:32:48 wayne hall posted:
I set up a very good menu in flash and after i posted it to my index page I wanted to edit the menu but couldn't find out how to convert the flash menu into an editable Text. I have several sub menus I want to change. I am a beginner and need help. thank you.

Replies

Replied 08 Aug 2005 18:42:29
08 Aug 2005 18:42:29 myke black replied:
My advice would be to not use flash for your primary navigation structure, since there are a minority of people out there who do not have the flash plug in installed, and also search engines cannot spider sites if the main links are in flash.

To change the menu, you will need the original .fla file. If you no longer have this, then you cannot edit the swf. If you are working on the .fla file, and cannot edit the text, this is likely to be either:

1. compatibility issue - the source fla file was not created in the version of flash that you are using to edit it,

2. the text has been converted into bitmaps, and you will need to delete the bitmap and recreate the text,

3. the file has been set as read only, and you will need to clear the readonly attribute to edit it (right click and select properties on the file to see if it is read only.

Reply to this topic