Forums

This topic is locked

support in forums

Posted 20 Sep 2005 14:25:32
has voted
20 Sep 2005 14:25:32 Michael Behan posted:
I would suggest that requests for support in the asp forum (regarding dmxzone extensions) not be closed all the time. They are generally asp relavent and it is very rare that a response is given in the products own support forum.

A friendly "we dont know why its not working for you" or "if you read the instructions you will find out" from a staff member would be much appreciated. I really like the dmxzone extensions but I must say that the support is awful.

Allowing questions be asked in general forums may be a way of making this situation a bit better.

Replies

Replied 04 Oct 2005 15:28:50
04 Oct 2005 15:28:50 Lee Diggins replied:
Hi Michael

I understand where you're coming from with your post, however, due to this site being dedicated to general DW/web information and to DMX products, it was felt the way forward would be to have dedicated forums for each area. I think you'll find there are more general users here than product users. Remember the tag line is "Share your knowledge with the Community for webdevelopers and Dreamweaver users!", it doesn't say product users.

Think of this scenario:

General user that doesn't use DMX extensions. "If I don't use a DMX extensions, why should I have to trawl through countless product support posts to find the general information I'm after?"

I do understand your issue regarding product support and sometimes the lack of it, I know you're frustrated and just want an answer, any answer. Can you provide a link to your post in the product support forums and I'll see what I can do.

Sharing Knowledge Saves Valuable Time!!!
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
<b>Lee Diggins</b> - <i>DMXzone Manager</i>
<font size="1">[ Studio MX/MX2004 | ASP -> VBScript/PerlScript/JavaScript | SQL | CSS ]</font>

Reply to this topic