Forums

PHP

This topic is locked

PHP SMart Mailer - recordset variables in body?

Posted 15 Oct 2005 00:02:52
has voted
15 Oct 2005 00:02:52 James Harrill posted:
Hello,
IS there a way to build the body of the email with a combination of static text and variables from a row in a recordset?
Thanls

Replies

Replied 20 Oct 2005 15:08:38
20 Oct 2005 15:08:38 Roddy Dairion replied:
<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
Hello,
IS there a way to build the body of the email with a combination of static text and variables from a row in a recordset?
Thanls
<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size=2 id=quote>
If i understand properly you want to build the body of the email being sent using some specific field in a table?
Is that right?
Roddy
Replied 23 Aug 2012 13:37:20
23 Aug 2012 13:37:20 justin dallas replied:
Im also looking for a how to on this? the Smart Mailer PHP manual only shows 'how to' on an HTML template ... Im wanting to have the template dynamic (a weekly designed newsletter that I can show/hide content)

PLease help!
Replied 23 Aug 2012 18:16:19
23 Aug 2012 18:16:19 Bernd Schmitt replied:
Some time ago I've wrote an email to the support (with the support form) to offer my code to fix this issue, but unfortunate I received never a answer.

There is an easy way to do that, but it's hard to integrate the necessary code again after each update. The code have to be integrated by the developers.

With this enhancement you could easy integrate the post variables with placeholders smarty like {my_variable} in the template. I don't understand, why this very important and relatively easy to do feature still is missing in the phpMailer. A template without integrating a selection of form variables is useless in most cases. In other words: It's not really a template, it's only a static email.

So we can only hope that will be read by a developer and converted.

If you wish, I will send you my enhancement code, but it gets overwritten when you update the smartMailer.

Regards
Bernd
Replied 23 Aug 2012 20:09:34
23 Aug 2012 20:09:34 justin dallas replied:
Bernd D - please mate! I would love that, it will help me so much, if you send me your enhancement code/workaround.

My email is is that easiest to send to?

thanks again! youll be a lifesaver!!!
Replied 20 Nov 2012 02:42:10
20 Nov 2012 02:42:10 Abayg Arysangco replied:
I keep reciving mailer- daemon messages for emails I have never sent out. One of my email buddies gets a message from me with nothing in it.
click this over here now

Reply to this topic