Forums

This topic is locked

Error code 43

Posted 05 Dec 2005 17:20:36
has voted
05 Dec 2005 17:20:36 Liza Teggatz posted:
Hi there
When I make changes to my templates they are not updating the pages. When I manually make it update the pages I receive an error code -43 which says the template cannot be found. I assure you, they are there, in a template folder. Also when I go to make a new page it appears as though I have no templates. Ive tried deleting the site and creating a new one, deleting the template folder and replacing it...I cant figure out how to fix this problem. The only other pertinent information I can give is that Ive attached a php forum and its a CSS based site. Any ideas would be appreciated
DWMX | CSS | PHP

Replies

Replied 23 Mar 2006 20:23:55
23 Mar 2006 20:23:55 s g replied:
<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
Hi there
When I make changes to my templates they are not updating the pages. When I manually make it update the pages I receive an error code -43 which says the template cannot be found. I assure you, they are there, in a template folder. Also when I go to make a new page it appears as though I have no templates. Ive tried deleting the site and creating a new one, deleting the template folder and replacing it...I cant figure out how to fix this problem. The only other pertinent information I can give is that Ive attached a php forum and its a CSS based site. Any ideas would be appreciated
DWMX | CSS | PHP
<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size=2 id=quote>

Replied 23 Mar 2006 20:27:11
23 Mar 2006 20:27:11 s g replied:
I am having the exact same problem. It happens when I update a library or template and when I save it Dreamweaver doesn't prompt an update as it should. Even when I maually try to update the files it doesn't work. I get the error code -43 and prompts stating that there are no files or it can't access the file.

Has anyone else heard of this?

Thanks

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
Hi there
DWMX | CSS | PHP
<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size=2 id=quote>
Replied 24 Mar 2006 16:31:48
24 Mar 2006 16:31:48 Javier Castro replied:
just an idea.

copy the code from your problem template, paste and save with a different name to a new template file. Then remove the current template from your pages and apply the new created template.

Replied 27 Mar 2007 19:11:04
27 Mar 2007 19:11:04 SL F replied:
I'm having this problem also. I changed a link to a template on the entire site and then deleted the old template. Now that template doesn't update the new files I added to it and I can't get it to delete from my remote site.

I don't think just recreating the template is going to fix the problem unless you go through and relink all the files manually.

Is there a way in DreamWeaver to apply a template to multiple files at once? I'm fairly new to this program and I haven't figured that out yet.
Replied 03 Jul 2007 21:48:58
03 Jul 2007 21:48:58 matt person replied:
I am also getting this error code 43. I also cant preview the template in the browser. It just simply cannot find this file at the specified location, even though I am looking at it right now and it certainly IS located there. This is the case for all of the templates on the entire site I am working on. I made sure that the folder and directory names didn't have any weird characters in the names, such as a backslash that might confuse dreamweaver, and none of them do, everything appears as though it should be working just fine. Also, I could manually recode every single page using the coding from the updated template that I am trying to use, but that would seriously take months...I don't have months. Any help with this would be extremely appreciated.
Replied 05 Feb 2013 21:29:33
05 Feb 2013 21:29:33 D S replied:
Try opening the page to change. Then Modify > Templates > Apply Template to Page > choose your template name.
SAVE the page and upload to server. This worked for me.

Diana
SproulCreative.com

Reply to this topic