Forums

This topic is locked

HELP! 3-frame dilemma for troubleshooter

Posted 24 May 2006 15:13:48
has voted
24 May 2006 15:13:48 Clark Eligue posted:
Hello guys

im now in a little rut and i just cant figure out what to do...
i am doing a troubleshooter, that now has 3 frames...
with the splits done like this, top and bottom...
with the bottom part split into 2 frames...left and right

the top frame and right most frame is just a common page...the tool depends on what happens on the left frame...if an option is clicked on the left frame, the left frame and right frame changes to the next troubleshooting step...

everything was working fine until we decided to add a feature that will copy the text the button has, as a log (for we need to log all steps taken during a call)... i had it working also for the left frame...

but we need it to show up on another frame and on a step by step summary of all the steps taken...so instead of splitting up the bottom frame into 2 we decided to split it into three

so how can i do this:
...if an option is clicked on the left frame, the left frame and middle frame changes to the next troubleshooting step... then the log of the step taken will be logged into the right frame on a text area with a button that will copy all text put into it into the clipboard

...here is a sample code of the left frame...

<html>
<head>
<script language="JavaScript">
function TargetFrames(url1,url2)
{
parent.leftframe.location.href= url1;
parent.rightframe.location.href= url2;
<!--- HOW DO YOU CALL OUT THE MIDDLE FRAME?--->
}
</script>

<--- THIS IS FOR THE BUTTON TEXT COPY--->
<script language="JavaScript" type="text/javascript">
function Add(obj,tar)
{
var tar=document.getElementById(tar);
var txt=obj.value+',';
if (tar.innerHTML.match(txt))
{
tar.innerHTML=tar.innerHTML.replace(txt,'');
}
else
{
tar.innerHTML+=txt;
}
}
//-->
</script>
</head>

<body>

Troubleshooting step:

<-- THIS IS FOR THE BUTTON OPTION, THE RIGHT FRAME WILL BE MOVED INTO THE MIDDLE FRAME -->
<form method="POST" action="javascript:TargetFrames('<LEFT FRAME NEXT STEP>','<RIGHT FRAME NEXT STEP>')">
<input type="submit" name="" value="CHOICE 1" onclick="Add(this,'Summary');">
</form>
<form method="POST" action="javascript:TargetFrames('<LEFT FRAME NEXT STEP>','<RIGHT FRAME NEXT STEP>')">
<input type="submit" name="" value="CHOICE 2" onclick="Add(this,'Summary');">
</form>

<!-- THIS IS WHERE THE COPIED BUTTON TEXT GOES, SHOULD BE GOING INTO THE RIGHT FRAME TXT BOX WITH THE COPY TO CLIPBOARD-->
<div id="Summary"></div>

</body>
</html>

Reply to this topic