Forums

This topic is locked

Upload and insert help - please

Posted 05 Jun 2006 20:26:21
has voted
05 Jun 2006 20:26:21 Jill Searcy posted:
I just downloaded Pure ASP Upload 2.1 and can get it to write to the database (sql) or upload a file, but not both - which was the entire point of purchasing the extension. I followed the tutorial, but no success. Any advice would be MOST helpful.

thanks

Replies

Replied 06 Jun 2006 11:42:42
06 Jun 2006 11:42:42 Patrick Woldberg replied:
What kind of problems/errors do you encounter when using an upload and insert both? Did you already check out the FAQ section.

--------------------------------------------------
Patrick Woldberg
Web Developer at Dynamic Zones
Administrator at DMXzone.com, FLzone.net, FWzone.net and DNzone.com
Replied 06 Jun 2006 14:19:07
06 Jun 2006 14:19:07 Jill Searcy replied:
I don't get an error.
It either posts the data to the db or uploads the file.
It makes no sense...
Replied 06 Jun 2006 14:20:16
06 Jun 2006 14:20:16 Jill Searcy replied:
By the way, thanks for the response. I am trying it again today on a clean page - will post the results.

thanks
Jill
Replied 06 Jun 2006 15:37:52
06 Jun 2006 15:37:52 Jill Searcy replied:
My new test was not successful. I followed the tutorial carefully, but the form writes to the database but doesn't upload the file and I get no error messages... Any ideas?
Replied 07 Jun 2006 10:53:19
07 Jun 2006 10:53:19 Patrick Woldberg replied:
It is strange that you don't get any error. If you have Pure ASP Upload on a page you have to make sure that all Request.Form are replaced with UploadFormRequest. The extension should do this automaticly when the document is saved. Also when you use version 8.02 of dreamweaver you have to make sure that you have the latest version of Pure ASP Upload, there where some mayor changes in the insert record and only the latest version of Pure ASP Upload will work with 8.02.

Patrick Woldberg
Web Developer at Dynamic Zones
Administrator at DMXzone.com, FLzone.net, FWzone.net and DNzone.com
Replied 07 Jun 2006 21:06:11
07 Jun 2006 21:06:11 Jill Searcy replied:
Patrick,
I checked the page and it appears to be written correctly. I think that the problem lies in the security of our server. It does not allow directory browsing, so when Dreamweaver inserts the include: "<!--#include virtual="/ScriptLibrary/incPureUpload.asp" -->", it gives an error - due to the 'virtual' part of the script and the leading forward slash. When I manually correct this to <!--#include file="ScriptLibrary/incPureUpload.asp" -->
it inserts the record into the database, but does not execute the upload script. The type of path is automatically changed back to relative by DW even though I select absolute when I set everything up in the wizard. With directory browsing disabled, it can't find a relative path. Any ideas? This functionality is critical for our endusers, as it can eliminate a host of end user errors.

thanks for the help.
Jill

Edited by - Jill on 07 Jun 2006 21:07:00

Reply to this topic