Forums

This topic is locked

showModelessDialog AND "modal" attribute

Posted 26 Jul 2006 05:23:39
has voted
26 Jul 2006 05:23:39 c mr posted:
I have been struggling with this for a few days now and was hoping somebody had some advice. I have my webpage up now, and the problem I am having is that I have a javascript that opens a new window. This all works fine, but the problem I am running into is that when the user clicks on the thumnail, the new window opens (this works fine) but when the user clicks on another thumbnail, the window goes behind the main window. This causes the user to get lost in the site, not knowing where the new gallery window is located. So I am trying to figure out how to keep the new window on top of the main window.

Here is an example:
www.pridenutrition.com/ArnoldClassic2005.aspx

So what I have figured out is how to make this method work in IE. Using the showModelessDialog method.

Here is an example:
www.pridenutrition.com/TESTshowModelessDialog.html
(if you click the "Click Here For Nutritional Information" link, open the window, and then click back to the main window, the showModelessDialog works by staying on top of the main window)
(This only works in Internet Explorer)

I have also gotton a separate way to work but it only works in Firefox. I used the attribute with a "onClick="window.open()", (at the end) 'modal=yes'.

Here is that example:
www.pridenutrition.com/TESTModal.html
(It works the same as above)
(but it only works in firefox, NOT IE)

So what I am struggling with is how to get it to work on both IE and Firfox???

Reply to this topic