Forums

This topic is locked

Respond as soon as humanly possible

Posted 04 Aug 2006 00:07:47
has voted
04 Aug 2006 00:07:47 willie Kazakoff posted:
I have convinced the organization I work for to buy a cool slide show program (Active SlideShow Pro) and it has major bugs!

Bugs that make it unusable. Like the music does not preload so the the viewer does not get the music untill the 10th frame or so.

The feed back I am giving today is at least respond to the questions about this that I put in the specialized forum. I asked for help last week!!

My supervisors are waiting for this slide show. I am very close to asking for a refund. It is a total bummer because I like the final product except for this. I know we can find a preloader or even better fix the bug.

Not very good business to charge top doller for an extention, ship it with major bugs, and then not respond to the support questions for a week.

Please respond to this post today.

Willie Kazakoff

Replies

Replied 04 Aug 2006 12:17:12
04 Aug 2006 12:17:12 Roddy Dairion replied:
Thank you for your response, i have send your post through to the zone founders support, and whoever picks it up will reply a.s.a.p.
Replied 04 Aug 2006 16:38:34
04 Aug 2006 16:38:34 Frank Beverdam replied:
Hi Willie,

Sorry for the inconvenience.

We've put the preloading of the entire slideshow (not only images but music too) on our feature list for the next version. The current version loads the music while the images start playing to prevent long downloading times, it is hard to develop it in another way as it is streaming media, neverteless are developers are working hard to come up with a solution.

What are the bugs you're experiencing aside from the music issue?

Regards,

DMXzone.com

Replied 07 Aug 2006 03:05:20
07 Aug 2006 03:05:20 willie Kazakoff replied:
The Zoom tool is a little wierd. I have posted something in the bugs section of the Active Slide Show pro forum. Please go there to read details.

for now I am needing desperatly for this preloader to work. I have the slide show up at www.idausa.org/slideshow/bok_06/slide-show.html

and have tried to intgrate an mp3 flash preloader as a work around. I got it from safari, called the action script cookbook.

As a consolation if you or someone could make this script work for me we could share it with every one else haveing this problem, etc. But I really need this to work before Tomorrow morning. Here are all the files

www.idausa.org/slideshow/bok_06/

Please, please, please make this happen. And you can redeam the integrity of your company in my eyes.

Sincerley,

Willie Kazakoff

Replied 07 Aug 2006 18:52:47
07 Aug 2006 18:52:47 Frank Beverdam replied:
Hi Willie,

Please shut down the streaming function, then the complete slideshow will be preloaded. Also, my college answered the zoom related questions in the other forum.

Regards,

DMXzone.com
Replied 07 Aug 2006 19:09:41
07 Aug 2006 19:09:41 willie Kazakoff replied:
I did that, many times. But to make sure I did it again just now and it was much much better. But... the mute button is now gone and the musice and slides did not quite start together, the musice was a second or two behind. Still not as nice as viewing the show when the music is in the cache already.

This is still miles better than what I had.

Can we get the mute button back?

And can anyone look at the preloader that I mentioned above and see if we can get that to work. There is not a decent mp3 preloader w/ progress bar on the web that I could find so it seems it would be a nice thing to release to our public.

Willie
Replied 07 Aug 2006 20:05:27
07 Aug 2006 20:05:27 willie Kazakoff replied:
I also see now that the progress bar shows up every time you refresh.

It is way better if we can get the preloader to work while keeping the ASP settings on stream.

Please. .....anyone.

www.idausa.org/slideshow/bok_06/

W

Reply to this topic