Forums

This topic is locked

PureUpload Error message

Posted 14 Aug 2006 19:37:34
has voted
14 Aug 2006 19:37:34 Peter Friebel posted:
Hi,

All our clients recieve the following error when uploading files. This message will appear after the 2 meg mark. Clicking 'No' will continue the upload but it will popup again every 2 megs (approx.) Using DW 6. PureUpload 3.04.

"A script in this movie is causing Macromedia Flash Player 9 to run slowly. If it continues to run, your computer may become unresponsive."

Althogh I posted a message to click 'No' and ignore, most of our clients will not read the message and just cancel the upload.

Is there a way to turn this off?

Thanks

Replies

Replied 30 Aug 2006 01:06:02
30 Aug 2006 01:06:02 Cain Goettelman replied:
We experiencing this same problem. It appears to have something to due with the Flash Movie and the browser (especially IE). We have looked everywhere and have not been able to find a solution. Any suggestions from George and his staff would be greatly appreciated. Our customer's are typically uploading files between 2MB and 75MB. I know that FTP is a much more practical application for the larger files but so many people are unfamiliar with it and Mac's need a FTP program such as fetch. The idea of a web based file upload is VERY appealing. Speaking of web based file uploads I recent had a customer ask me to send a file to their onlinefolders.net account (godaddy.com). I was able to send them 100MB+ file without a problem and they had a nice (although not as nice as ASP Upload 3) progress bar that seemed to work.

PLEASE help us figure out a way around this issue.

Thank you in advance for your time
Replied 30 Aug 2006 12:02:02
30 Aug 2006 12:02:02 Patrick Woldberg replied:
I wish the message could be turned off with a simple command because the script doesn't cause the player to run slowly. It seems to do so when the upload speed is slow and the Flash Player thinks that almost nothing is happening and is running slow. We are still searching for a good solution and optimizing the flash with every update of the extension.

--------------------------------------------------
Patrick Woldberg
Web Developer at Dynamic Zones
Administrator at DMXzone.com, FLzone.net, FWzone.net and DNzone.com
--------------------------------------------------
Replied 30 Aug 2006 13:51:01
30 Aug 2006 13:51:01 Cain Goettelman replied:
Patrick, we get the error message regardless of upload speed. We have tested it on our internal server with 1000MB network and some large files. It definately has something to do with Flash and it thinking that movie is not playing or data is being passed slower that is wants. Is buffering an issue? Glad to know the issue is being worked on. We hope to see and uploaded solution soon.

Thanks

Reply to this topic