Forums

This topic is locked

Scroller Genie Help

Posted 04 Sep 2006 20:24:13
has voted
04 Sep 2006 20:24:13 vikki kerrington posted:
This is a repost because I could NOT find the old post. It was responsed to by email but I could not make much sense of it. So here goes again. I am using Dreamweaver 8.0.2.

I made a test page located here:

www.dreams-catcher.net/genie_05.php

First on the test, how can Genie be made to center at top of the page. I thought about putting it into a relative positioned layer. Is this possible or am I even close?

I also just noticed that if the when the thumbnails are scrolling left, and the far left button is clicked, it says it has a page error. No clue what is causing this.

When the thumbnails are scrolling to the right, they will reverse when the last thumbnail hits the far right. This NOT true when they are scrolling left. They just keep going and going? What the heck causes that?

In the tutorial, for Horizontal Scroller, in the edit section, it states:

Switch to code view. Look for the line

<div id="dmx1Content1" class="dmx1Content" onmousewheel="dmxFSG4(1)">

In <table width="2000"> change the width to the width of the content, in this case 600.
And change the width in this line too:
dmx1Content {position:absolute; left:300px; top:0px; width:600px; }

I have changed the width from 2000 to 600 and even tried 300. I couldsee NO difference in the way it scrolls.

What does it mean when it says to change line width to:
dmx1Content {position:absolute; left:300px; top:0px; width:600px; }

I assumed it meant to make line
<div id="dmx1Content1" class="dmx1Content" onmousewheel="dmxFSG4(1)">
to look like this:
<div id="dmx1Content {position:absolute; left:300px; top:0px; width:600px; }" class="dmx1Content" onmousewheel="dmxFSG4(1)">

Does anyone know if that is correct??

Any help making Genie work as I think it should, would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you

Reply to this topic