Forums

This topic is locked

Community in asp

Posted 26 Feb 2001 07:40:22
has voted
26 Feb 2001 07:40:22 Leon Radley posted:
Hi i'm going to make a community in asp to have up just for fun, and I woundered if anyone allready has built one, then I just can make some changes to the graphics, it's a lot of work otherwise I would epresiate if someone could give me one, thanks.

Cheers
Leon

Replies

Replied 26 Feb 2001 11:12:35
26 Feb 2001 11:12:35 George Petrov replied:
What do you think about UDzone itself as a community? Yes we build all that in UltraDev (ASP/VBscript)
You can always contribute with your programming skills to UDzone if you like.

Greetings,
George Petrov
www.UDzone.com
Replied 26 Feb 2001 12:56:12
26 Feb 2001 12:56:12 Leon Radley replied:
i'ts a good community, but what i'm looking for is something more like, where you can add a friend and then send them emails, write in there guestbook, become friends to the diffrent users that join the community.

have you got any good suggestions how I should do the database, should I put the users in one then have one for every category, ex. forum, email? how should I do the system so people can send each other emails in the community?

// Leon
Replied 26 Feb 2001 20:32:24
26 Feb 2001 20:32:24 Waldo Smeets replied:
Leon,

I think you should look at sites like Yahoo etc. I'm not sure, but I think they have some of the features you wish. I don't think that you can get the code for such sites free for use on your own server.

Waldo Smeets - www.UDzone.com Webmaster
------------------------------------------
www.UDzone.com : A Dreamweaver, Ultradev and Fireworks recourse site for developers
by developers.
------------------------------------------

Reply to this topic