Forums

This topic is locked

Where are all theDevelopers /Moderators

Posted 12 Jan 2007 02:44:54
has voted
12 Jan 2007 02:44:54 Charles Knight posted:
Where have all the Developers / Moderators of theis site gone to. Was a time you'd get a reply within hours...

You seem quick enough to send us your mailshots about new products and take our money but very very slow in helping your loyal customers with problems.

I have emailed you and posted on this forum and have had no answer for nearly a week, not a very good service I think you'll agree..

I wonder what all your other customers think ?

DWMX | ASP | ACCESS

Replies

Replied 12 Jan 2007 13:53:11
12 Jan 2007 13:53:11 Roddy Dairion replied:
This is the only latest post i can see coming from you and its has been replied.
dmxzone.com/forum/topic.asp?topic_id=37258
Replied 12 Jan 2007 14:54:17
12 Jan 2007 14:54:17 Charles Knight replied:
Hardly...
The reply was from a standard member who seems to have found a solution to his problem but not mind.

I suggest you read some of the other posts I have made regarding this matter. I have tried to be patient and polite but given the amount of support I'm getting my patience is running thin.

I have had to go back to PU2 and SIP1, because SIP2 v2 will not update the database field.

Maybe some compensation might be in order?

Again...Where have all the developers gone ?

DWMX | ASP | ACCESS
Replied 12 Jan 2007 18:47:15
12 Jan 2007 18:47:15 Roddy Dairion replied:
Replied 17 Jan 2007 03:41:44
17 Jan 2007 03:41:44 Charles Knight replied:
Tried the first suggestion already and did'nt work...

Second suggestion seems a bit of a compromise especially when PU3 v4 and SIP2 v1 worked OK.

As I keep trying to tell you something has changed in PU3 v7 and SIP2 v2 that doesn't seem to work on the DWMX update behaviour.

Please, when am I getting to get a responce from the developer or is he to busy spending all our money to give support to his products.

This has dragged on now for well over a week, any other compony given such bad support would be out of business by now or is that it, your all broke...

This site used be buzzing, looks to me like you've got problem and given your level of support I'm not surprised...

Just out of interest, who answers the email we send to support? are they on permenant holiday

Signed a very very pissed off customer...

DWMX | ASP | ACCESS
Replied 18 Jan 2007 11:25:22
18 Jan 2007 11:25:22 Charles Knight replied:
Still waiting !!!!

DWMX | ASP | ACCESS
Replied 18 Jan 2007 12:01:44
18 Jan 2007 12:01:44 Roddy Dairion replied:
Hi again,
I can totally understand your disappointment but please be assure that i am doing my best to find a solution to your problem. I've contacted the person who developed the software today and customer support itself today. It will only be a matter of time.

We apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Regards,
Roddy
Replied 19 Jan 2007 04:09:42
19 Jan 2007 04:09:42 Charles Knight replied:
Thanks for that Roddy and I understand your intentions are only good ones but its ridiculous the amount of time its taking to get some answers here...

Perhaps the next topic of conversation should be how compensation do I get for being mucked around like this!!!!

DWMX | ASP | ACCESS
Replied 20 Jan 2007 11:29:39
20 Jan 2007 11:29:39 Charles Knight replied:
Still no word from George Petrov on why he or any of his team are not bothering to answer anyones questions....

Also seems I'm not the only one getting pissed off.

You seem to have time to send out your mail-shots about your exciting new products, but when it comes to supporting them its non-existant.

Anyone know of an alternative to Pure Asp Upload and Smart Image Processor ?

DWMX | ASP | ACCESS
Replied 22 Jan 2007 02:47:55
22 Jan 2007 02:47:55 Charles Knight replied:
Jan 22nd, ten days and still waiting...

DWMX | ASP | ACCESS
Replied 22 Jan 2007 15:00:08
22 Jan 2007 15:00:08 Roddy Dairion replied:
dmxzone.com/showDetail.asp?TypeId=7&NewsId=12141
Can you please check if this topic will help?
Replied 23 Jan 2007 11:30:07
23 Jan 2007 11:30:07 Frank Beverdam replied:
<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size=2 id=quote>
Sorry for the delay, I've directed a programmer to it he'll reply shortly, if not please e-mail me at
Replied 23 Jan 2007 12:13:37
23 Jan 2007 12:13:37 Frank Beverdam replied:
<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size=2 id=quote>
The current issue is a bit unclear, can you provide us with the original link where the problem resides?
<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size=2 id=quote> I
Replied 23 Jan 2007 13:13:59
23 Jan 2007 13:13:59 Roddy Dairion replied:
Replied 23 Jan 2007 15:18:45
23 Jan 2007 15:18:45 Georgi Kralev replied:
Please, accept our sincere apology for the inconvenience.

We are aware of this problem and we are currently working on it. We give our best to fix it for the new version.
This problem appear only with Macromedia MX. Therefore, if you have the opportunity upgrade to Dreamweaver 8.02.

You seem quick enough to send us your mailshots about new products and take our money but very very slow in helping your loyal customers with problems. <hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size=2 id=quote>

The forums that we check with priority are those for the support of the extensions. Therefore, if you post your question elsewhere it is very likely to take some time until you receive answer to it.

These are the links to the support forums for PAU3 and SIP2.

PAU3: dmxzone.com/forum/default.asp?NewsId=12064
SIP2: dmxzone.com/forum/default.asp?NewsId=12607

If you have any other questions or problems do not hesitate to contact us.

Regards,

Georgi Kralev

----------------------------------
Support - www.DMXzone.com
Replied 24 Jan 2007 00:05:41
24 Jan 2007 00:05:41 Charles Knight replied:
Finally!!!

Can I confirm I'm using DW8, not MX, and will upgrade to 8.02.

The problem I have had is this:

PU3 v7 and SIP2 v2 does not work when used with the update record server behaviour of DW8.

The insert record behaviour works OK but not the update behaviour, it removes any existing image paths in the tables its connecting to and dosen't insert any paths or anything when a new image is uploaded. The actual image is uploaded, also the thumbnail is created its just not putting the image path into the table...

Can I suggest you create a section for DW8 and also a section for PU3 and SIP2 all I could find was a section for PU2 and SIP1 when this problem first started and I was not aware that priority was given to the two areas you have shown...

DW8 | ASP | ACCESS
Replied 24 Jan 2007 00:10:00
24 Jan 2007 00:10:00 Charles Knight replied:
Have mentioned this before but will mention it again in case it helps the developer.

PU3 v4 and SIP2 v1 work, the only fault is the SIP code (two seperate parts if you are creating a thumbnail) are placed in the wrong part of the html code.

On my pages they end up just above the &lt;head&gt; tag. If you cut and all the SIP2 code and paste it directly under the PU3.04 code it all works beutifully...

DW8 | ASP | ACCESS
Replied 24 Jan 2007 12:46:10
24 Jan 2007 12:46:10 Georgi Kralev replied:
Charklie,

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>Can I confirm I'm using DW8, not MX, and will upgrade to 8.02.<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size=2 id=quote>

With 8.02 you have to use the binding as it is shown at the following link (I am not sure if this is described propriety in the Pure ASP Upload 3 manual):
dmxzone.com/ShowDetail.asp?NewsId=12079

Also we have found the problem with the DB update in Dreamweaver MX and it will be fixed in next release.

Thank you for you patient.

Regards,

Georgi Kralev

Replied 25 Jan 2007 11:06:09
25 Jan 2007 11:06:09 Charles Knight replied:
George I have already read that News items and tried it to do what it suggests but it won't work for me...still get no path data being written to the db upload colums.

Roddy Dairion suggested this a while ago and I told him the same.

DW8 | ASP | ACCESS
Replied 26 Jan 2007 11:07:37
26 Jan 2007 11:07:37 Georgi Kralev replied:
Charlie,

We have just released new version of the Pure ASP Uploaded 3. Try it. I believe it will solve your problem.

Regards,

Georgi Kralev

Replied 18 Feb 2007 23:28:18
18 Feb 2007 23:28:18 Olwyn Rutter replied:
Who is Charlie K?
Wow, I have just been reading the thread for this post and what an attitude this guy has!
He's bitchin about the service here but does he pay for this?
Aren't you guys doing the best you can to answer lots and lots of questions from all of us out here and not just solve HIS problems?
What an attitude.
I think you guys are the best! What would we all do if you weren't there?
I would like to thank you all on behalf of all us Dreamweaver Idiots and I think you do a great job.
Replied 19 Feb 2007 14:32:26
19 Feb 2007 14:32:26 Dave Clarke replied:
Who is Charlie K?

He's bitchin about the service here but does he pay for this?

Actually, Yes he is paying for PAU3 and SIP2 and quite a bit of money too, I don't think some support is too much to ask for.

DW8.02|ASP|VBScript|IIS5.1|Access|WinXPPro & WinXPHome.
www.reunite.co.uk
Replied 19 Feb 2007 15:09:10
19 Feb 2007 15:09:10 Georgi Kralev replied:
Hi Olwyn,

I think you guys are the best! What would we all do if you weren't there?

Thank you for your kind words. We find them quite refreshing and motivating. Especially after experiencing some of the attitudes shown in our forums. It is really great to see that our efforts are noticed from our customers (or at least from some of them).

Special thanks from the entire DMXzone team.

Regards,

Georgi Kralev

Replied 19 Feb 2007 15:10:43
19 Feb 2007 15:10:43 Georgi Kralev replied:
Hi Dave,

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>I don't think some support is too much to ask for. <hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size=2 id=quote>

We strive to improve the support but we cannot check every thread. Have in mind that, the forums we check most frequently are those for the support of the extensions.

Therefore, if you want to have faster response please post at the appropriate forum. Also if you do not receive immediate response please be patient we are doing our best.

Regards,

Georgi Kralev

Reply to this topic