Forums

This topic is locked

Dreamweaver MX/PHP/Server

Posted 20 Feb 2007 02:53:42
has voted
20 Feb 2007 02:53:42 Brian Smith posted:
Trying to setup first PHP site using 'Inside Dreamweaver MX' as a guide. This is my set up:
PHP & MySQL & Apache are all working well together.
On my C drive I have c:\Progam Files\Apache Software Foundation\Apache 2.2\htdocs\antiques_php\ This folder has a subfolder _mmServerScripts
Also on C is \PHP and \MySql\mySQL Server 5.0On Drive F is DMWVR\Inside MX\Chapters\Chapter_30\ with subfolders _mmServerScripts and Antiques and Connections and images and Inetpub. All these folders and files have been copied from the CD that came with the book.

I try to set up the connection to the remote server usign this:-
<?php
# FileName="Connection_php_mysql.htm"
# Type="MYSQL"
# HTTP="true"
$hostname_antiques1_conn = "localhost";
$database_antiques1_conn = "antiques";
$username_antiques1_conn = "root";
$password_antiques1_conn = "*******";
$antiques1_conn = mysql_pconnect($hostname_antiques1_conn, $username_antiques1_conn, $password_antiques1_conn) or die(mysql_error());
?>

Where the local root folder is F:\DRMWV\Inside MX\Chapters\Chapter_30The remote server is C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Apache2.2\htdocs\antiques_phpAnd the testing server is C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Apache2.2\htdocs\antiques_php
WHen I try to test this I get the following message:
1. There is no testing server running on the server machine
2. the testing server specifiedfor thsi site does not map to the localhost/antiques_php/_mmServerScripts/MMHTTPDB.php URL. Verify that the URL prefix maps tgo the root of hte root.

What am I doing wrong?

When I look at the site and local view I can see the databases. If I go to the remote view I can see the databases. If I go to the Testing Server I can see the databases but the file folders are coloured pink (why?)

If I go to the Application and Database and then click on the connection the Tables, Views and Stored Procedures all show None. I would expect the latter two (none have been created) and I suspect that the Tables show None because the connection failed.

Sorry to give all of this information which may be superfluous but I wanted to give as much information as possible

Brian

BJS

Reply to this topic