Forums

This topic is locked

File field for forms

Posted 22 Feb 2007 17:28:27
has voted
22 Feb 2007 17:28:27 Fredrick JT posted:
Hello Folks,

I am having trouble uploading files (trying to upload JPEG pics) from my website to MySQL database. It appears the file field on my website form (using DW MX) is not actually transferring a file to the database.
text transfers to db no problem using the same form.

It is necessary to use an extension such as PURE PHP UPLOAD to upload files (pics etc.) to MySQL database when using DW MX. Or can it be done with just DW MX?

If so, someone please inform me on how.

Regards,

Fredrick

Replies

Replied 22 Feb 2007 20:14:37
22 Feb 2007 20:14:37 Jeremy Conn replied:
Yes, a file field is simply a means to select a file to upload - but it has no capabilities within itself to actually accomplish the upload.
Pure PHP Upload will accomplish that task, as well as alot of different solutions available via the internet... I have personally found a great benefit from the DMXZone Pure Upload extension, but feel free to do some research yourself.

<b>Jeremy Conn</b>
www.conncreativemedia.com
DW8 | ASP/VB/ASP.NET | Access/SQL
Replied 24 Feb 2007 07:12:04
24 Feb 2007 07:12:04 Fredrick JT replied:
Thanks for the info.

I have done some research, & it seems that there are two options pay for upload management software, or insert script myself.

I prefer to not pay for software but would like an extension that upoads files to MySql with out having to insert script into the code. Is this possible?

When it comes to inserting script, i am not sure where to actually place the script in the webpage code. Also it seems that variables have to be set, not sure how to do this either. Does anyone have any advice or views on how i should proceed?

Regards

Reply to this topic