Forums

This topic is locked

Flash Album Generator 2 Consistent Error

Posted 05 Mar 2007 02:34:31
has voted
05 Mar 2007 02:34:31 Randolph Lee posted:
Flash Album Generator 2 works great, and when I preview it in Dreamweaver, all is perfect. But with 2 different servers used as tests, the live site doesn't work. I have checked that I have uploaded the xml file, and the .swf as well asz the images. The .swf gives an error:
[Internal DMX FlashGallery (v2.03) Error]
Unable to load gallery data from the XML file.
Error message: [Transaction.ErrorMessage(103)] Unable to retrieve the XML data from the server. Please check your configuration.

What am I doing wrong?

Randy Lee

Replies

Replied 07 Mar 2007 01:46:18
07 Mar 2007 01:46:18 Alexandre L'Eveille replied:
I am also having the exact same problem (www.britelitesign.com/index2.html. I have used FAG before on another site with no problem. What's up!<font face='Arial'></font id='Arial'><font size=4></font id=size4><font size=2></font id=size2>
Replied 19 Jun 2007 04:43:59
19 Jun 2007 04:43:59 Scott Weiter replied:
Still having this issue. Login results in

"Unable to retrieve XML data please check configuration". Ive searched this forum, and as far as I can tell this has never been answered or addressed. My client needs to be able to use this function, if I can't make it work I lose the client. Could I please get at least some response ? If you need more info I would be happy to provide that.

Scott
Replied 24 Jun 2007 16:26:48
24 Jun 2007 16:26:48 ighodaro aghedo replied:
i have seen the Flash Album Generator 2 demo which looks great. just actually bought it last night. all effort to make it work fell beyound the abyss. when i try to preview in dreamweaver i get error message "[Internal DMX FlashGallery (v2.03) Error]
Unable to load gallery data from the XML file.Error message: [Transaction.ErrorMessage(103)] Unable to retrieve the XML data from the server. Please check your configuration." i can't find any documentation that explains possible errors and solutions using this extension. Any ideas please
Replied 26 Jun 2007 23:27:56
26 Jun 2007 23:27:56 ighodaro aghedo replied:
Any ideas please i still can't work it out
Replied 27 Jun 2007 02:50:01
27 Jun 2007 02:50:01 ighodaro aghedo replied:
i actually made it work. what i did, i created a new page and it works. i was previously working on a page with quite a few javascript and probably got syntax mixed up i have got no clue why it works now.
a little tip
create a new page and start from there until some guru respond to what exactly we were doing wrong.
good luck ya all
Replied 28 Jun 2007 17:04:50
28 Jun 2007 17:04:50 Randolph Lee replied:
That's what I found too. Starting with a new page makes it much more likely to work. Be sure to check to see if the extension references the folder with the pictures and .xml files correctly, and be sure you've uploaded the page as well as that folder and the .swf file.
Replied 09 Jul 2007 12:43:29
09 Jul 2007 12:43:29 Bruna Coveleski replied:
I have been grappled with this miserable problem for the past week and I must have recreated and uploaded these galleries 500 times!! Then I solved the problem. I had 5 galleries. I was pooling all the results into a "Gallery Holding file" as the destination file. When I previewed they all looked great. But when I uploaded them to the site I had 3 good galleries and 2 with that white box and red letter message. Okay here is what I did. I made sure each gallery was independent. You should end up with 4 items per gallery. let's say one of the gallery names is Trains. You should make sure you have a 1) Trains.htm - this is your web page that will contain the gallery 2) dmxFlashGallery2.swf, this appeared only once in my folders list and I uploaded it with every gallery. 3)Holding Trains gallery, - this is the destination file I started each of the file names with Holding so I could see them all grouped together - the xml file is in here. If it's not you've got to redo 4) Trains folder, - this is the source file that contained all the train photos. Then I selected the 4 files for each gallery and uploaded them as a group - I did this for each of the 5 galleries. This worked like a charm. I now have 5 galleries with all their photos!

Edited by - claudhia on 09 Jul 2007 12:58:51
Replied 22 Jul 2007 16:39:58
22 Jul 2007 16:39:58 Fred mynote replied:
Thank: After weeks of wasted time your Forums post was the answer. In my case I found another problem if your folder option is set for hide file go to tools&gt;folder option&gt;hide file and click on show hide file then copy all of your files from your Destination folder on your hard drive to your server this will work. Thank for your posting
Replied 23 Jul 2009 08:54:16
23 Jul 2009 08:54:16 gisela jacobi replied:
Its yust a Path-Problem. After i have read these posts i checked the Path of my swf and xml files. There was the mistake. Now it works fine[]

Reply to this topic