Forums

This topic is locked

Noob with DWT issues

Posted 19 Mar 2007 18:05:11
has voted
19 Mar 2007 18:05:11 Forest Rothchild posted:
I realize this might be covered in other posts but I didn't see it. I create a page, then save creating the DWT form along with my editable regions, but apparently I can not change the page title section. For ex. my DWT file page title says "about us" and I want to change it to the company name and page topic. While I can change the title in the DWT file, it then changes it for all pages created from the DWT. How can I change the page title in the newly created pages with different page titles and not have it be effected by the DWT file?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Replies

Replied 19 Mar 2007 19:14:09
19 Mar 2007 19:14:09 Javier Castro replied:
First you create a page, then you apply your template, then you edit the page and you save it as HTML, asp, or php.
Replied 20 Mar 2007 00:11:51
20 Mar 2007 00:11:51 Forest Rothchild replied:
Thanks for the suggestion, but when I create the new html page from template, and then try to make the change, and even save the new page, the changes in the Page Title reverts back to the template setting. So I don't know what to do. I do have editable regions for the body of the pages, but like I mentioned before, all I want to be able to do is change the page title. So do you have any new suggestions?

Replied 20 Mar 2007 03:43:03
20 Mar 2007 03:43:03 Forest Rothchild replied:
It turns out that while in a template, you can create an editable region, but the TITLE section isn't selectable in the design mode, so with a slight manual coding in the right location of the DWT created a new editable region that would allow the changes of the TITLE page.

Here is the coding that needs to go at the beginning and the end of the editable region, just make sure the editregion # is different than the other editregions:

<!-- TemplateBeginEditable name="EditRegion3-title" -->
<title>PUT THE PAGE TITLE HERE OR WHAT EVER YOU WOULD LIKE</title><!-- TemplateEndEditable -->

So thank you for your help, but with a little playing time, was able to solve this question.

Reply to this topic