Forums

This topic is locked

Error Code 404

Posted 15 Apr 2007 15:22:58
has voted
15 Apr 2007 15:22:58 Julio De la Vega posted:
I was working normally with the connection to MySQL when all of the sudden the error 404 started to interrupts the connection between PHP and MySQL from the Dreamweaver MX 2004 context. No wonder, when I write the code manually everything works OK.
Need to know what happened within Dreamweaver or Windows that created that situation.
I would appreciate any help in that direction.
While browsing the forum I observed that is not the first time that someone is confronting a problems like this.

Replies

Replied 22 Apr 2007 18:58:09
22 Apr 2007 18:58:09 Kenneth Halley replied:
Not sure why its appearing as a 404- wher edo you see that? from the website connecting to the db - the way you write its from DW?

However as something to look at when DW connects to the test webserver/db it does it through a pair of files that it sticks on your test server. They live in a directory off root called _mmServerScripts.
You could delete these and recreate your connection- this would cause these files to be replaced afresh.

As an aside I have had a LOT of bother on a local test server with these two files in DW8. When you create a connection and it goes to put these files in it seems to get stuck part way through and one of these files only gets partially written to the test server- they are both there physically but one is not complete. Then you get an error in DW saying DW8 cannot connect to the database for an unknown reason- most helpful.
If I replace these files manually from another test site all returns to normal. Can't see anyhting in Adobes knowledgebase about this specific issue but its happened more than once.

hth

-----------------------------------
www.halleynet.co.uk
Replied 26 Apr 2007 14:37:27
26 Apr 2007 14:37:27 satheesh Dominic replied:

Have a look at the below link to know more about the error pages:

www.w3schools.com/tags/ref_httpmessages.asp

Replied 27 Apr 2007 18:54:56
27 Apr 2007 18:54:56 h b replied:
Hi,
Check this website and make sure your folders match both on local and testing servers.

www.adobe.com/cfusion/knowledgebase/index.cfm?id=tn_15711

Hiran

Reply to this topic