Forums

This topic is locked

Connecting to MySQL with DW

Posted 28 Jun 2007 00:11:59
has voted
28 Jun 2007 00:11:59 John Francis posted:
I have a tutorial on my website for connecting to MySQL with Dreamweaver. Different hosting companies have various methods in allowing access to MySQL with Dreamweaver. I've tested this on various hosting companies and have compiled a visual tutorial on how it's done.

Check it out at:

www.nebulex.com/index.php/tutorials/dreamweaver/mysqlphp/connections/6

All of my tutorials for Dreamweaver are Free

Replies

Replied 16 Jul 2007 07:50:22
16 Jul 2007 07:50:22 Gabbianne Gray replied:
Your site is great. The tutorial will help greatly when I get a host. However, I am trying to build a site locally (localhost) since I am not sure how many months it will take. I was using dreamweaver with Access and discovered MySql was better. So converted my database to Mysql. I have IIS and asp.net running. MySql is running. I can add tables to MySql but can't add records. So I decided to fire up Dreamweaver and make some forms to do that. Problem: can't connect to MySql. After a month trying to get Php and phpMyAdmin installed I finally abandoned that, is that why it doesn't connect?

How can I add records to my MySql database? From what I read it is so easy to use, I disagree. And no where can I find how to enter data. I don't code.

Isn't there a program out there to make a table on a page where you right click on the table column and tell it to insert database/table/record data here? Let alone finding a program like Dreamweaver where you don't have to jump through hoops for several months just to connect a database. Why do so many like to use MySql if it is so darn hard to connect to Dreamweaver or hosts?

I dislike Microsoft but at least they got Access right in connecting to Dreamweaver and other like programs. I hope someone knows how I can actually use MySql in Dreamweaver or another program. I really need to get this site done.

Gabbianne
Replied 17 Jul 2007 02:09:10
17 Jul 2007 02:09:10 Alan C replied:
Hi Gabbianne,

It sounds like your DW setup that may be wrong - the bit where you tell it how to connect to the database by giving it the database name, password etc. Once you get that working using DW to add records is straightforward. You're certainly going about it the right way. Does your hosting service provide the cpanel control panel or something similar? I ask because that includes facilities for adding databases and includes phpmyadmin already installed. If not it might be time to look around for a different host.

Reply to this topic