Forums

This topic is locked

'not allowed' problem using upload2

Posted 01 Aug 2007 16:11:34
has voted
01 Aug 2007 16:11:34 Richard Krawczak posted:
I have a strange problem regarding the Pure asp upload 2.
On my localhost all runs wirthout a problem.
On the windows2003 server where two of my clients have an hosting account it won't work
There always is an error but the hosting company persist that they have set all settings open. I even have mailed them the helpfiles comming with the pureaspupload2. They say they can't help me anyfurther.

Is this due to an error in the extension or do they do something wrong.
The error I keep getting is:

# Error Type:
Request object, ASP 0104 (0x80004005)
Operation not Allowed
C:\INETPUB\VHOSTS\GEKENEIJENHUIS.NL\HTTPDOCS\ADMIN\../ScriptLibrary/incPureUpload.asp, line 39
# Browser Type:
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.7.12) Gecko/20050915 Firefox/1.0.7

# Page:
POST 792737 bytes to /admin/upload.asp

# POST Data:

Two monts of mails from and to the hosting company did not result in any solution so I have angry customers and a hosting which say they can't help me anymore then they already did.

I'm realy stuck wih this problem and could need some help. Any suggestion where to seek a solution is welcome

regards

R. Krawczak

Replies

Replied 02 Aug 2007 12:49:44
02 Aug 2007 12:49:44 Georgi Kralev replied:
Hi Richard,

I believe that this error appear when the uploaded file exceeds the IIS limits for uploaded files.

Contact your host providers and ask them increase the AspMaxRequestEntityAllowed value.

More information could be found at the following FAQ:
www.dmxzone.com/showDetail.asp?TypeId=7&NewsId=5424

If they do not want to do that you could tell to your clients to upload smaller files.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Georgi Kralev

----------------------------------
Support - www.DMXzone.com
Replied 03 Aug 2007 21:46:35
03 Aug 2007 21:46:35 Richard Krawczak replied:
Thanks George,

This is a relieve, I will let the hosting guys know how to alter the settings so there can be an upload exceeding the default value.
Realy thanks a lott for your help in this matter.
I'm much obliged

Richard

Reply to this topic