Forums

This topic is locked

Can't see images on web site

Posted 22 Oct 2007 01:45:51
has voted
22 Oct 2007 01:45:51 L C posted:
I am having trouble with images not coming up on the web page when I have added it. I can see it in dreamweaver but not on line. I've saved it to the root site, the images are the when I look them up in dreamweaver. Hmmm I need a little help from the experts please. Thanks.

Replies

Replied 22 Oct 2007 11:12:17
22 Oct 2007 11:12:17 Alan C replied:
sorry if this sounds obvious, but make sure that you have uploaded all the images and that they are actually there on the server, you should be able to check that by putting something into your browser like . . .

<pre id=code><font face=courier size=2 id=code> www.mysite.co.uk/images/first_image.jpg</font id=code></pre id=code>

if that works then you know that the images are on the server and can start to look for other things
Replied 22 Oct 2007 11:15:44
22 Oct 2007 11:15:44 L C replied:
<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
sorry if this sounds obvious, but make sure that you have uploaded all the images and that they are actually there on the server, you should be able to check that by putting something into your browser like . . .

<pre id=code><font face=courier size=2 id=code> www.mysite.co.uk/images/first_image.jpg</font id=code></pre id=code>

if that works then you know that the images are on the server and can start to look for other things
<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size=2 id=quote>

Thank you for the reply and I will have a go.
Replied 28 Oct 2007 17:26:01
28 Oct 2007 17:26:01 C J replied:
<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
I am having trouble with images not coming up on the web page when I have added it. I can see it in dreamweaver but not on line. I've saved it to the root site, the images are the when I look them up in dreamweaver. Hmmm I need a little help from the experts please. Thanks.
<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size=2 id=quote>

I am very much a novice - but I think I may have delt with this same problem before.

I had designed images for my website... and couldnt see them online.

TRY THIS - look to see whether you saved the JPGS as CMYK or RGB. Whichever you saved it as, swap it to the other (if you savedit as CMYK, then change it to RGB. if you saved it as RGB, change it to CMYK.) This solved that same problem for me a couple of months ago. But again, I'm a novice.

Good luck!
Replied 29 Oct 2007 00:59:22
29 Oct 2007 00:59:22 L C replied:
<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>Thanks for that, I never thought of changing it and resaving it to another, I'll give it a go

I am very much a novice - but I think I may have delt with this same problem before.

I had designed images for my website... and couldnt see them online.

TRY THIS - look to see whether you saved the JPGS as CMYK or RGB. Whichever you saved it as, swap it to the other (if you savedit as CMYK, then change it to RGB. if you saved it as RGB, change it to CMYK.) This solved that same problem for me a couple of months ago. But again, I'm a novice.

Good luck!
Replied 29 Oct 2007 01:12:21
29 Oct 2007 01:12:21 L C replied:
Thanks for the help, it's all fixed now

Reply to this topic