Forums

This topic is locked

Objects created in Fireworks have poor qual on pg.

Posted 06 Nov 2007 23:36:51
has voted
06 Nov 2007 23:36:51 Dawn Huff posted:
<font face='Arial'></font id='Arial'>
I've created buttons in Fireworks and saved them properly but when insert them to my Dreamweaver site the quality is horrible. They look fine in "preview" in Fireworks.

It looks as though some of the transparent background isn't so transparent?

Replies

Replied 07 Nov 2007 02:32:29
07 Nov 2007 02:32:29 Alan C replied:
it's worth checking how you saved them - gif, jpg and what compression and also what size the buttons were, it could be DW that's stretching them

the transparent background will only work saving as gif - if you saved as jpg you will get white
Replied 07 Nov 2007 19:39:11
07 Nov 2007 19:39:11 Dawn Huff replied:
<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
I've created buttons in Fireworks and saved them properly but when insert them to my Dreamweaver site the quality is horrible. They look fine in "preview" in Fireworks.

It looks as though some of the transparent background isn't so transparent?

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size=2 id=quote><font face='Arial'></font id='Arial'>
Replied 07 Nov 2007 20:15:02
07 Nov 2007 20:15:02 Dawn Huff replied:
<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
Initally, I created a navigation bar in FW made up of 7 small buttons. (the slices were only as long as the word)
It previewed fine so I exported with the default loss setting and a color setting of 8 (below that I lost visual quality).
In DW I inserted the FW HTML and there it was. No stretching but you could see a little white around the letters. It looked like crap. I looked at it in the browser, still poor. However the behaviors (3 states) worked fine.

That's when I started testing all the extentions. I know that png files aren't supported by all browsers but I tried making a single button that said simply "test". I set the loss to 10 and exported it. I brought it into DW and it looked perfect. It was clear and transparent. I hit F12 and it displaed with a light grey background. Browser incompatability? I don't know.

I know that I could put a background on all my objects that match the background on my pages but there MUST be an easier way... I wish I could show you guys what it looks like.

Oh ya, I also spent much time toying with the anti-alias choices in FW but to no avail.

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size=2 id=quote><font face='Arial'></font id='Arial'>

Reply to this topic