Forums

This topic is locked

FTP Error Dreamweaver MX wont upload images

Posted 14 Nov 2007 23:03:54
has voted
14 Nov 2007 23:03:54 Alan Shadwick posted:
When I try to upload image changes to the remote server a box comes up saying "An FTP Error occurred - cannot put sc520d_1_sm.jpg 500 Illegal PORT COMMAND, and a same box keeps jumping up for other 'existing' images on the same page as if they were trying to be uploaded also even though I have not touched them.

If I make a text change that seems to work and upload at the moment

When I uninstalled the program and reinstalled it trying to fix this problem, it hung at the splash screen for about 5 plus minutes before opening . It didn't show up on the windows task manager as 'Not responding' but I can close it down by RMC on the task bar and clicking 'close' if I don't want to wait. At least once it has opened a first time then subsequent launches open normally, even if I restart the computer.

just don't know how to fix it.

I have good basic skills but I am not an expert web developer

I fixed the problem. I found the answer on a Macromedia macrochat powerpoint presentation by David Alcala and among many ideas about rectifying ftp issues one was check the 'use passiveftp' in the setting up server access for the website box, and this solved my problem.

Great Site

Edited by - sierrastep on 15 Nov 2007 21:14:16

Edited by - sierrastep on 15 Nov 2007 21:19:52

Reply to this topic