Forums

This topic is locked

Connecting to MX via SQL SVR 2005

Posted 20 Nov 2007 18:04:36
has voted
20 Nov 2007 18:04:36 Tom Forrest posted:
Posted - 19 Nov 2007 : 00:58:49 Show Profile Email Poster Edit Message Reply with Quote Hi there,

Im currently attempting to setup my Dreamweaver MX site to a SQL 2005 database. I have subsequently run into a issue that im unable to resolve myself. I would appreciate your feedback regarding the issue documented in the paragraph below.

1. I've created a database in SQL called mytable with 3 fields. (ID,NAME and ADDRESS)... Keeping it simple to start off with!!!!
2. Created a System DSN within ODBC called dwmxtest_odbc. This connects to my SQL database and the test is successful.
3. I then created my site within MX and created a page called view.asp.
4. I created a table and mapped my fields across the rows and colums. Dreamweaver can see my database connection along with the new table and field.
5. When I go to select the LIVE DATA VIEW I receive the following error message:

HTTP 500.100 Internal Server Error - ASP Error
Internet Information Services

Error Type
Provider(0x80004005)
Unspecified Error
/dwmx1/view_exgn7rq4wj.asp. Line 10

The below code is extracted from line 10
rsView.ActiveConnection = MM_con_dwmx1_STRING

When I put the files in my virtual directory and attempt to browse view.asp from virtual directory I receive the following error:

# Error Type:
Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers (0x80040E4D)
[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Login failed for user 'TOMS\IUSR_TOMS'.
/dwmx1/view.asp, line 10

# Browser Type:

I would appreciate any feedback regarding this issue.

Reply to this topic