Forums

This topic is locked

Horizontal Menus when using Dreamweaver MX ver 6.0

Posted 12 Dec 2007 23:41:58
has voted
12 Dec 2007 23:41:58 Raymond Brown posted:
I have successfully created a horizontal menu using CSS. When I view the page in Design View, the Menu is displayed as a Vertical Menu.
When I view the Object in the Browser it displays as a Horizontal Menu which is the objective..
When designing a page it would be an advantage to view the physical size and shape of the object in the design view.

Would somebody please advise me if this is a known limitation of the version of Dreamweaver that I am using.

Rgds Ray

Replies

Replied 13 Dec 2007 12:07:38
13 Dec 2007 12:07:38 Alan C replied:
Hi
You're quite right, IMHO DW does not render pages well, in design view it seems to get a lot of things out of place. If you are using a mac then have a look at cssedit which allows you to edit and view pages - you can't edit the source but you can see exactly what your pages look like, best 30 $ worth going.

Another really good way is to get Firefox, install the developer toolbar and firebug then you can edit both the css and html and watch what happens - then when you have it right you can save them too. In fact that sounds like a good alternative to DW, platform independent too.

Reply to this topic