Forums

This topic is locked

Help!! I'm new!

Posted 14 Dec 2007 19:09:36
has voted
14 Dec 2007 19:09:36 Rebecca Wylie posted:
Ok, I am a graphic designer and have basic knowledge of Dreamweaver. I have used a Table in order to have control over the layout. I am using images of the Headings because the client I'm doing it for wanted a specific font. I know this isn't the best method for optimizing search engine searches but they don't care about that. I have each heading image in its own cell and then the paragraph text in a separate cell below each heading image. My problem is this...when I preview in my browser (Safari, Netspace and Firefox PC and Firefox Mac) the headings are perfectly spaced between the cells that contain the text. HOWEVER, in Internet Explorer there is either too much space or not enough between heading image cells and text cells. WHY? AND HOW DO I FIX THIS?

I have tried everything I can think of...

1. I made all the cells that contain image headings with the h1 tag That didn't do anything
2. I adjusted the amount of bottom and top margins to negative pixels for the h1 tag only. That seemed to work for some of them but not all the headings.
3. I've even bought the Fahrner's Image Replacement tutorial from this site and I couldn't get that to work either...BUYER BEWARE!

I am at a loss as to what to do now but I need to figure this out because my client is getting unhappy and I'm getting frustrated.

The site I need help with can be viewed at: www.heshimakenya.org The pages that are most affected are under the "About Us" section or "Programs" section.

Feel free to reply to this topic OR email me at: OR IM me on AOL at: MizzouTiger9784

Your help is greatly appreciated,
Rebecca

Reply to this topic